Patrick Henry Community College
Francis T. West Hall in 2012, the first building constructed on the college campus
|Type||Public, Community College|
|President||Dr. Angeline D. Godwin|
|Location||Martinsville, Virginia, United States|
Patrick Henry was founded in 1962 as part of the University of Virginia's School of General Studies. The College became an independent two year college in 1964 and part of the Virginia Community College System in 1971. Accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, PHCC offers 30 associates degree programs, 11 certificate programs, and 50 career studies certificate programs.
Classes were originally held in the old Northside Elementary School in Martinsville, Virginia before they were moved to the present campus. The first building, Francis T. West Hall, was completed in 1969 and served as an administration building. The Learning Resource Center, which houses the library was completed in 1971. Five additional buildings have since been added, the last finished in 1999. The campus in situated on 137 acres (0.55 km2) approximately three miles north of the City of Martinsville.
In addition to the main campus, PHCC has four additional off-campus sites: Franklin County site, Patrick Henry site, and the Virginia Motorsports Technology Center and the School of Craft and Design Artisan Center in the City of Martinsville.
PHCC offers 22 two year occupational/technical programs, transfer programs and 61 career studies and certificate programs.
- Alison Parker, journalist who was killed alongside camera man Adam Ward during a live on-air interview.
- Academic Success Group (ASG)
- Administration of Justice Association
- Black Student Association (BSA)
- Drama Club
- Interclub Council
- International Association of Administrative Professionals (IAAP)
- Motorsports Club
- Nursing Students Association (NSA)
- Paralegal Association
- Phi Theta Kappa (PTK)
- Procedures for Establishing Club-Sponsored Events
- Resolve (The Fitness Resolve)
- Serving Early Childhood and Development (SEEDS)
- Sports Club
- Student Government Association (SGA)
- Student Social Activity Policy
- Veterans Club
- "Contact Us." Patrick Henry Community College. Retrieved on January 14, 2009.
- PHCC - Fact Sheet
- PHCC - Programs of Study