Patsaouras Transit Plaza
The transit plaza and Union Station east portal
|Location||801 N. Vignes Street|
Los Angeles, CA 90012
|Owned by||Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority|
|Platforms||Multi-bay island platform|
|Connections||Union Station (trains)|
|Parking||3,000 park & ride spaces ($6 a day)|
|Bicycle facilities||24 bike rack spaces|
20 locker spaces
Patsaouras Transit Plaza is a bus station located on the east side of Union Station in Downtown Los Angeles and near the El Monte Busway. The Transit Plaza was originally named the Gateway Transit Plaza, but was named after Nick Patsaouras, former RTD board member who was an advocate for public transportation.
The MTA Building is located at the northern end of the plaza.
Metro and municipal buses
- Metro Local
- Metro Rapid
- Metro Express
- Antelope Valley Transit Authority
- City of Santa Clarita Transit
- Foothill Transit
- LADOT Commuter Express
- LADOT DASH
- Orange County Transportation Authority
- University of Southern California shuttles
- Mount St. Mary's College shuttles
- City of Commerce Municipal Bus Lines
- Hollywood Bowl shuttle
Several other services' bus stops are located near the Patsaouras Transit Plaza:
LAX FlyAway service is offered between Union Station and Los Angeles International Airport. FlyAway buses run every 30 minutes between 5 am and 1 am and on the hour between 1 am and 5 am. Tickets are sold from a ticket kiosk at the southwest corner of the island platform.
Megabus provides several routes from the Patsaouras Transit Plaza:
A new transitway station for the Metro Silver Line and other transit buses operating on the El Monte Busway is being built to the south of the Patsaouras Transit Plaza in the median of the El Monte Busway. It will allow buses travelling in both directions on the busway to serve the Union station with a minimum of delay for passengers for other destinations. When the project is completed, a bridge will allow passengers to walk directly from the Patsaouras Transit Plaza to the busway station, thereby eliminating a long, convoluted walk across the Union Station property to the current stop located on the El Monte Busway at Alameda. The project is funded by tolls collected as a part of the Metro ExpressLanes project and a grant from the U.S. government. As of April 2017[update] the station is under construction, and is expected to open in the spring of 2018.
- BoltBus (15 October 2013). "BoltBus To Launch Service In California On Oct. 31" (Press release). Dallas, Texas: PR Newswire. Retrieved 15 October 2013.
- BoltBus (10 December 2013). "BoltBus Expands From Los Angeles; Adds Las Vegas, San Francisco Service" (Press release). Dallas, Texas: PR Newswire. Retrieved 12 December 2013.
- "Patsaouras Plaza/El Monte Busway Station". EE&K Architects. Perkins Eastman.
- "Patsaouras Plaza Connector (Conceptual Plan)". Flickr. May 12, 2009.
- Carino, Meghan McCarty (January 2, 2017). "Metro starts work on pedestrian bridge at LA's Union Station". 89.3 KPCC. Southern California Public Radio. Retrieved November 27, 2017.
- "Metro ExpressLanes: Overview". Metro.