Paul Davis (basketball)
|No. 40 – Khimki|
|Position||Power forward / Center|
|League||VTB United League
July 21, 1984 |
|Listed height||6 ft 11 in (2.11 m)|
|Listed weight||270 lb (122 kg)|
|High school||Rochester (Rochester, Michigan)|
|College||Michigan State (2002–2006)|
|NBA draft||2006 / Round: 2 / Pick: 34th overall|
|Selected by the Los Angeles Clippers|
|2006–2009||Los Angeles Clippers|
|2009–2010||Maine Red Claws|
|2010–2012||Cajasol Banca Cívica|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at NBA.com|
Davis started his career at Reuther Middle School where his number has been retired.
Davis played for Rochester High School, earning Mr. Basketball of Michigan honors in 2002. As a center for the Michigan State Spartans, he finished the 2005 season as the NCAA Tournament's leading rebounder. Davis was ranked as the nation's number three center by Lindy's College Basketball and the nation's number five post man by Athlon Sports.
In his senior season, he averaged 17.5 points, 9.1 rebounds, 1.6 assists, 1 steal and 0.9 blocks, while also shooting 87% from the free-throw line, and was 6–19 from three-point territory. Paul finished his college career with 1,718 points.
After 2007–08 season, he became a restricted free agent. His rights were renounced by the Clippers, but on August 18, 2008, he was re-signed by the Clippers. He was waived by the Clippers in January 2009.
In September 2010 he signed with CB Cajasol Sevilla. After two seasons at Seville, in May 2012 he signed a two-year deal with the Russian club BC Khimki, to join them for the Euroleague competition. In July 2014, he re-signed with Khimki for one more season. On July 11, 2015, he signed another one-year extension with the club.
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field-goal percentage||3P%||3-point field-goal percentage||FT%||Free-throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||PIR||Performance Index Rating|
Note: The Euroleague is not the only competition in which the player participated for the team during the season, he also played in domestic competition.
|2009-10||Maine Red Claws||D-League||16||28.5||.469||.000||.903||8.8||1.9||1.2||1.6||15.0|
|Xacobeo Blu:sens||Liga ACB||6||23.8||.469||1.000||.833||7.7||1.3||1.3||.8||13.2|
|2010-11||Cajasol Banca Cívica||33||19.8||.542||--||.748||5.3||.6||1.5||.5||13.2|
|2012-13||BC Khimki||Russian PBL||7||13.0||.514||--||.750||3.7||.3||1.0||.9||7.6|
|VTB United League||20||18.6||.579||.000||.813||4.7||1.6||.7||.6||12.5|
- Former Clipper Paul Davis appears on 'Millionaire Matchmaker'
- "Clippers Sign Paul Davis". NBA.com. Retrieved 2008-08-18.
- Clippers Waive Paul Davis and Fred Jones
- Dillman, Lisa (January 6, 2009). "Clippers waive Fred Jones, Paul Davis; Cheikh Samb checks in". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2009-01-29.
- Wizards sign guard Boykins
- O Xacobeo Blu:sens ficha ao americano Paul Davis (Spanish)
- Cajasol Seville signed Paul Davis
- BC Khimki adds Paul Davis
- Khimki keeps big man Davis
- "Khimki keep Paul Davis one more season". sportando.com. 11 July 2015. Retrieved 12 July 2015.
- Paul Davis at Basketball-Reference.com
- Paul Davis Pictures at Clippers Topbuzz
- In-Depth Scouting Report at JustBBall's HoopsAction
- Paul Davis player profile at MSU Spartans official site