Paul Jr. Designs
|Headquarters||157 Ward Street Montgomery, NY 12549, USA|
|Products||Custom motorcycles, branded clothing|
Number of employees
Paul Jr. Designs (PJD) is a lifestyle brand motorcycle customizer and clothing vendor, based in Montgomery, New York, USA. Paul Teutul Jr. founded the design firm in 2009 after waiting out a one-year non-compete clause with his former company, Orange County Choppers (OCC).
Teutul opened the motorcycle company in April 2010. TLC then commissioned a spin-off series titled American Chopper: Senior vs. Junior, based on the original series American Chopper which ran for 6 seasons, now featuring builds from Orange County Choppers and Paul Jr. Designs.
- Paul Teutul Jr. – Founder/Owner/Chief Designer and Fabricator
- Rachael Teutul - Vice President (wife of Paul Jr.)
- Brian Baker - Operations Director
- Brendon Thompson – Fabricator
- Robert "Nub" Collard – Graphic Artist/Painter (outside contractor)
- Vincent DiMartino – mechanic/assembler
- Cody Connelly – mechanic/assembler
- Michael Teutul
- Joe Puliafico - General Manager
- John “Odie” Odendahl - assembler
Bikes featured on American Chopper
- "AntiVenom" Bike
- GEICO Bike
- Carolina Carports Bike
- Faro Bike
- Universal Insurance Bikes 1 & 2
- Jared Allen Wounded Warriors Bike
- CrankyApe Bikes 1 & 2
- Cadillac Bike
- F.I.S.T Security Bike
- Gears Of War Trike
- Cepheid Bike
- Dekalb 100th Anniversary Bike
- 9/11 Memorial Bike
- P-51 Mustang Bike (Biker Build-Off 2011 winner)
- Wielka Orkiestra (Poland) Charity Bike
- One Call Concepts Bike
- "Black Widow" Bike (restoration)
- March of Dimes Bike
- Newmont Mining Bike
- Aaron Rowand Bike
- Skilsaw Bike
- GEICO Armed Forces Bike
- Loopster Trike
- QUBX Bike
- RoadLok Bike
- Classic Car Bike (Biker Build-Off 2012 winner)
- New York Yankees Bike
Cadillac build off
GM/Cadillac challenged both Orange County Choppers and PJD to design a bike using the 2011 Cadillac CTS-V-automobile as the inspiration. Proceeds from the auction of the bikes would be donated to Cure Duchenne. Orange County Choppers designed a traditional classic but technical bobber bike, while PJD designed a "stretched-out" chopper with smooth lines, airbags that lower and raise the bike with no kick stand, and actual parts from a CTS-V.
After the fan votes were tallied, PJD's bike was declared the winner.
The December 5, 2011 edition of American Chopper was a special two-hour episode featuring a three-way build-off between PJD, OCC, and Jesse James.
Inspired by an actual Titan T-51 Mustang that was brought into the shop, PJD built a bike in tribute to the 3/4 near-scale replica kit plane. The bike has rivets with round heads that stick out like the T-51 and, despite having plenty of room, has four exhaust outlets per side. A real North American P-51 has rivets that are flush and six outlets per side for its V-12 engine.
On December 6, during a live edition of American Chopper, PJD and the T-51 Mustang bike won the online fan voting and was declared the winner of the buildoff. James came in second, with OCC coming in last.
The following year, the three teams would face-off in a rematch, with Gas Monkey Garage (featured on the Discovery Channel show Fast N' Loud) also in the competition. A major point of contention in this build-off was Jesse James' failures to meet the deadlines for completion, requiring extensions each time. Gas Monkey Garage was especially upset, eventually leading to heated confrontations with James at the live build-off results show on December 12.
PJD would wind up repeating as Build-Off Champions, with their bike inspired by classic cars winning the fan voting. The bike was highlighted by the use of an actual grill from a '39 Chevrolet, around which the rest of the bike was built.
- A municipal dog park for Montgomery, New York.
- Coleman's 10th anniversary "Roadtrip Grill"
- A racing 4-wheel ATV (quad) for Blingstar
- Assisted in designing a dragon themed gun for Red Jacket Firearms (as featured in a crossover episode of American Chopper and Sons of Guns).
- A custom 2012 Chevrolet Camaro muscle car (as featured on a special episode of American Chopper)
- A motorcycle themed playground set designed and built by Cre8Play
- Assisted in designing custom bicycles based on the "Black Widow", "Anti-Venom", and P-51 Mustang motorcycles for Dynacraft
- In April 2014 Paul Jr. Designs was engaged to build two choppers for Blizzard Entertainment, representing the two factions (HORDE & ALLIANCE) in the MMORPG World of Warcraft. There was a vote on which bike will be implemented in the next WoW Addon. The Horde chopper won the vote, and will be supplied free to Horde characters on WoW accounts which log in before September 30, 2014 . The Alliance chopper will be available in exchange for in-game currency at some point in the Warlords of Draenor expansion. Azeroth Choppers
On the October 15, 2012 episode of American Chopper, it was revealed that PJD had branched out with the creation of PJD Studios, which provides logo design, branding services, and marketing services (including FX and computer animation) for clients. Originally based in a small room at the bike shop, Paul Jr. then decided to buy a building in Newburgh, NY to house the new venture as it looks to expand.
- Starr, Michael (April 7, 2010). "Hog brawl". New York Post.
- "AntiVenom". hotbikeweb.com. Retrieved June 1, 2011.
- "Geico Bike". autoevolution.com. Retrieved June 1, 2011.
- "Carolina Carports Bike". mtairynews.com. Archived from the original on October 1, 2011. Retrieved June 1, 2011.
- "Faro Bike". faro.com. Retrieved June 1, 2011.
- "Universal Insurance Bikes 1 & 2". designbyjoyce.com. Retrieved June 1, 2011.
- "Jared Allen Bike". carshowsus.com. Retrieved June 1, 2011.
- "CrankyApe Bikes". August 28, 2011. Retrieved August 28, 2011.
- "Cadillac CTS-V custom motorcycles". August 28, 2011. Retrieved August 28, 2011.
- "Biometric Chopper". Archived from the original on December 13, 2011. Retrieved September 5, 2011.
- GameRant (September 12, 2011). "Gears Of War Bike". Retrieved September 12, 2011.
- "Art Meets Innovation". Retrieved September 10, 2011.
- designbyjoyce.com. "Dekalb 100th Anniversary Bike". Retrieved January 1, 2012.
- designbyjoyce.com. "9/11 Memorial Bike". Retrieved January 1, 2012.
- designbyjoyce.com. "P-51 Mustang Bike". Retrieved January 1, 2012.
- "Paul Jr. Designs – wywiad z Twórcą Choppera dla WOŚP » Owsiaknet.pl – Videoblog Jurka Owsiaka". Owsiaknet.pl. Archived from the original on July 17, 2012. Retrieved March 4, 2012.
- "811 Damage Prevention Bike". designbyjoyce.com. November 2, 2011. Retrieved March 12, 2012.
- "Black Widow Bike by Paul Jr Designs". designbyjoyce.com. March 5, 2012. Retrieved March 12, 2012.
- "Cadillac Build-Off". August 28, 2011. Retrieved August 28, 2011.
- "EAA News – Titan T-51 Inspires American Chopper Project". Eaa.org. December 1, 2011. Archived from the original on December 4, 2011. Retrieved December 11, 2011.
- "Paul Jr. Designs Photos : TV : American Chopper". Dsc.discovery.com. January 2, 2011. Retrieved December 11, 2011.
- "North American P-51D in Detail (Revisited) – Fuselages". Ipmsstockholm.org. Retrieved December 11, 2011.
- Village park goes to the dogs, Meghan E. Murphy, Times Herald-Record, December 10, 2009 (Retrieved October 22, 2010)
- "Coleman, Paul Jr. Designs team up for tenth anniversary of the Roadtrip grill". Coleman. April 13, 2010. Archived from the original on October 2, 2011. Retrieved September 13, 2011.