PMC (TV channel)
|Launched||May 9, 2003|
|Owned by||Mehrdad Kia|
|Picture format||16:9 (720p, HDTV), 16:9 (576i, SDTV)|
|Broadcast area||Europe, Middle East, Central Asia and Northern Africa|
|Headquarters||Dubai Media City, Dubai, UAE|
|Hot Bird 13B||12322 / 27500 / 3/4 H|
|Eutelsat 7A (HD)||11324 / 29700 / 2/3 V|
|Eutelsat 7B (SD)||11345 / 27500 / 5/6 H|
PMC (shortened from Persian Media Corporation or Persian Music Channel or Persian Media Channel ) is a free-to-air satellite TV network owned by Persian Media Corporation with its headquarters in Dubai Media City. It was launched in 2003. The network is devoted to Persian music videos from ex-pat Iranian singers, as well as Iranian singers based in Iran.
In March 2017 the broadcasting via Hotbird was discontinued. In April 2017 PMC started a new broadcasting frequency via Astra. In December 2017 the channel returned to Hotbird. After the channel was only available on Yahsat for a while, it changed to Hotbird, Eutelsat 7A and Eutelsat 7B.
- Khosravi, Shahram (2008). Young and Defiant in Tehran. University of Pennsylvania Press. p. 156. ISBN 9780812240399.
- Khosravi, Shahram (2017). Precarious Lives: Waiting and Hope in Iran. University of Pennsylvania Press. p. 197. ISBN 9780812293692.
- van Nieuwkerk, Karin (2011). Muslim Rap, Halal Soaps, and Revolutionary Theater: Artistic Developments in the Muslim World. University of Texas Press. p. 93. ISBN 9780292726819.
- "Iran's state TV tries 'soft power' to win hearts and minds". Tehran Bureau. 22 November 2013.
- "Persian Music Channel bereitet Start auf Satellit Astra vor". InfoDigital. 18 April 2017.
- "Comeback: Persian Music Channel zurück auf Hot Bird 13° Ost". InfoDigital. 21 December 2017.