Ankersen with F.C. Copenhagen in 2017
|Full name||Peter Ankersen|
|Date of birth||22 September 1990|
|Place of birth||Esbjerg, Denmark|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Playing position||Right back|
|2014–2016||Red Bull Salzburg||21||(1)|
|2015–2016||→ FC Copenhagen (loan)||30||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 19:04, 2 September 2019 (UTC)|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 19:04, 2 September 2019 (UTC)
Getting his football education in the youth ranks of local team Esbjerg fB, he saw limited first team opportunities, and in the summer of 2010 he decided to join Vejle Boldklub in the Danish 1st Division.
He became a regular 1st team starter for the Norwegian side, but after only 18 games he had yet to settle personally. In the same summer he was sold back to his childhood club Esbjerg fB on a 4-year contract.
During his second stay at Esbjerg, alongside twin brother Jakob Ankersen, played an integral part of the Esbjerg team that following promotion won the Danish Cup and finished 4th in the Danish Superliga.
During a 5–1 win over AGF Aarhus on 10 August 2013, Ankersen scored a sensational goal reminiscent of Marco van Basten's strike in the final of Euro 88. The goal was shortlisted for the 2013 FIFA Puskás Award.
He joined F.C. Copenhagen in the summer of 2015 initially on loan, before signing permanently the season after. He was linked with a move to the Premier League club Newcastle United. Ankersen was nominated for the goal of the season by the Danish football federation in 2017.
Ankersen has never represented any of the Danish national youth teams. On 17 May 2013 he was called up for the Danish National Team for a friendly against Georgia. In the match, he remained an unused sub for the entire game.
|1.||11 November 2016||Parken Stadium, Copenhagen, Denmark||Kazakhstan||3–1||4–1||2018 FIFA World Cup qualification|
- Bold.dk - Vejle henter ung Esbjerg-back
- "Vejle Boldklub - Ankersen solgt til Rosenborg"
- "Bold.dk - Ankersen havde det svært i Rosenborg"
- "Bold.dk - Officielt: Ankersen til Esbjerg"
- "Twins team up for Van Basten-esque volley". FIFA. 27 November 2013. Retrieved 1 September 2014.
- "Ankersen Wechselt Fix Von Salzburg Zum FC Kopenhagen". 22 May 2016. Retrieved 23 May 2016.
- Calciomercato Genoa, Ankersen colpo per la difesa: è ufficiale, goal.com, 2 September 2019
- "DR P4 - Ankersen på landsholdet"
- "Denmark 4–1 Kasakhstan". BBC Sport. 11 November 2016. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- "FC Copenhagen are Danish champions". The Copenhagen Post. 6 May 2019. Retrieved 7 May 2019.