June 29, 1931|
Coşniţa, Moldavian ASSR
|Died||15 July 2016
|Employer||Moldova State University
Academy of Sciences of Moldova
|Awards||Om emerit al Republicii Moldova (1994)|
Petru Soltan (June 29, 1931 – July 15, 2016) was a Moldovan mathematician. He was a member of the Academy of Sciences of Moldova and an honorary member of the Romanian Academy. Petru Soltan was a member of the Mathematical Society of Moldova.
He died on 15 July 2016 at the age of 86.
Awards and honours
- Doctor Honoris Causa Babeş-Bolyai University, Cluj-Napoca (1992),
- Doctor Honoris Causa Academy of Economic Studies of Moldova (1998)
- Doctor Honoris Causa al Universităţii Pedagogice de Stat din Tiraspol, cu sediul la Chişinău (2000).
- Doctor Magna cum Laudae al ULIM (1994),
- Honorary Professor Petre Andrei University of Iași (2001).
- Membru titular Academy of Sciences of Moldova (din 1992),
- honorary member Romanian Academy, 1993.
- Om emerit al Republicii Moldova (1994),
- Medals Acad. S. I. Vavilov (Moscova, 1991),
- Medal "Meritul Civic" (1996),
- Medal Mihai Eminescu (2000),
- Medal Dimitrie Cantemir (Academy of Sciences of Moldova, 2001).
- Moldova's National Prize in Science and Technology, 2004
- Enciciclopedia Sovietică moldovenească, Chişinău
- Petru Soltan. Colectiv de autori. Calendarul Naţional, 2001, pp. 139–141
- Gheorghe Rusnac, Valeriu Cozma, Profesorii Universităţii de stat din Moldova. Chişinău, Ed. USM, 2001.
- Tudor Ţopa, Voievozii înspiraţiei, Chişinău, 2007, pp. 42–54.
- "Details of ASM members". asm.md. Retrieved 14 January 2017.
- Personalităţi marcante
- Mathematical Society of the Republic of Moldova. An overview over the state of the mathematical activities in the Republic of Moldova
- Cine au fost şi ce fac deputaţii primului Parlament din R. Moldova (1990-1994)?
- "DomRaider". codru.eu. Retrieved 14 January 2017.
- "Obituary. Petru Soltan". presedinte.md. Retrieved 14 January 2017.