Reed in June 2015
|Born||Peyton Tucker Reed
July 3, 1964
Raleigh, North Carolina, U.S.
|Occupation||Film director, screenwriter, television director|
Peyton Tucker Reed (born July 3, 1964) is an American television and film director. He is best known for directing the comedy films Down with Love, Yes Man, Bring It On, and The Break-Up, as well as the superhero film Ant-Man.
Life and career
Reed was born in Raleigh, North Carolina and attended the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Reed directed the motion pictures Bring It On, Down with Love, and The Break-Up; all comedy films. He has also acted in small roles in some films including his own and has written a few original songs for his soundtracks. He has also produced a few music videos.
Reed directed the 2008 film Yes Man, starring Jim Carrey. Yes Man is an adaptation of Danny Wallace's autobiography about his decision to say "yes" to whatever offer, invitation, challenge, and opportunity that are presented to him.
Reed replaced Edgar Wright as the director of Ant-Man. Prior to joining the production of Ant-Man, Reed was slated to direct a Brian Epstein biopic, titled The Fifth Beatle. However, his commitment to the superhero film forced him to part ways with The Fifth Beatle. Reed will direct the Ant-Man sequel Ant-Man and the Wasp, scheduled for a 2018 release.
- Bring It On (2000)
- Down with Love (2003)
- The Break-Up (2006)
- Yes Man (2008)
- Ant-Man (2015)
- Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018)
- Back to the Future (1991)
- The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes (1995 remake)
- The Love Bug (1997 remake)
- The Weird Al Show (1997)
- Mr. Show with Bob and David (5 episodes of Season 4, 1998)
- Upright Citizens Brigade (2000)
- Cashmere Mafia (2008; pilot)
- New Girl (2011)
- The Goodwin Games (2012)
Documentaries / Short films
- Back to the Future: The Ride (Screenwriter) (1991)
- The Secrets of the Back to the Future Trilogy (1990)
- Through the Eyes of Forrest Gump (Making Of) (1994)
- "Pretty Khaki" (for GAP, 2/28/2005)
|Film||Rotten Tomatoes||Metacritic||CinemaScore||Budget||Box office|
|Bring It On||63% (117 reviews)||52 (31 reviews)||B+||$28 million||$90.4 million|
|Down with Love||60% (169 reviews)||52 (39 reviews)||C+||$35 million||$39.5 million|
|The Break-Up||33% (189 reviews)||45 (37 reviews)||C+||$52 million||$205 million|
|Yes Man||46% (151 reviews)||46 (30 reviews)||A–||$70 million||$223.2 million|
|Ant-Man||81% (267 reviews)||64 (43 reviews)||A||$130 million||$519.4 million|
- Peyton Reed to Direct ‘Ant-Man’
- Fifth Beatle’ Movie to Start Production in 2014
- Weintraub, Steve (July 17, 2015). "ANT-MAN Director Peyton Reed Talks First Cut, Deleted Scenes, Post-Credits Scenes". Collider.com. Complex Media. Archived from the original on July 17, 2015. Retrieved July 17, 2015.
- Cabin, Chris (November 13, 2015). "‘Ant-Man and the Wasp': Michael Douglas Eyeing Return for Sequel". Collider. Archived from the original on November 13, 2015. Retrieved November 13, 2015.
- The Break-Up Director Peyton Reed to Helm The Fifth Beatle
- "Peyton Reed". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved April 26, 2015.
- "Peyton Reed's Profile". Metacritic. Retrieved April 26, 2015.
- "CinemaScore". CinemaScore. Retrieved April 28, 2015.
- "Peyton Reed Movie Box office". Box Office Mojo. Amazon.com. Retrieved April 28, 2015.
- Entertainment Weekly
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Peyton Reed.|