|Philip S. Aiken|
9 January 1949 |
|Residence||London, England (Official)
|Alma mater||University of Sydney (BS)
Harvard Business School (AMP)
|Occupation||Chairman of Balfour Beatty plc (2015 to present) and AVEVA Group plc
(2012 till present)
|Board member of||Kazakhmys plc
National Grid plc
Essar Energy plc[(Aveva plc)] and [(Newcrest Mining)]
He holds a B.E degree in chemical engineering from University of Sydney, and has attended the Advanced Management Program from Harvard Business School. Aiken was formerly Group President of BHP Billiton's energy business, and an executive director of BTR plc. He held a number of senior positions in BOC Group plc, and was also a senior advisor to Macquarie Capital (Europe) Limited. He also served as the chairman of Robert Walters plc from 2007 till 2012.
Early life and education
He was born in Sydney, Australia, on 9 January 1949. In 1970, he graduated with a B.E degree in Chemical Engineering from University of Sydney and later in 1989, attended the Advanced Management Program from Harvard Business School.
He started his career in 1970 with BOC Gases; where he served for nearly 26 years, holding several senior positions. In 1995, he was appointed executive director and Chief Executive of BTR Nylex (which later became Invensys plc). From 1997 until his retirement in 2006, he served in BHP Billiton; firstly as President of BHP Petroleum, and latterly as Group President of BHP Billiton's Energy business. From 2006 till 2009, he was a senior advisor at Macquarie Bank Ltd.
On 26 April 2012, AVEVA Group plc announced that Aiken was appointed to its board, to succeed the outgoing chairman Nick Prest. He commenced his duties as chairman after the shareholders approval in the AGM held on 12 July 2012.
On 24 May 2012, Aiken decided to step down from his role as Chairman of Robert Walters plc once the process of appointing a successor chairman has been completed.
He lives in London with his wife, Fran and has residences in Melbourne and Grand Cayman. He was awarded a Member of the Order of Australia in June 2013.
- "Information on Candidates to the Board of MMC NORILSK NICKEL – Philip S. Aiken" (PDF). nornik.ru. Retrieved 26 April 2012.
- "Britain is home now for the former head of BHP Petroleum". smh.com.au. Retrieved 26 April 2012.
- "AVEVA announces a change of Chairman". aveva.com. 26 April 2012. Retrieved 26 April 2012.
- "Executive Bio – Philip S. Aiken". Forbes. Retrieved 26 April 2012.
- "Bloomberg Businessweek Executive Bio – Philip S. Aiken". Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved 26 April 2012.
- "Board of Kazakhmys plc – Philip S. Aiken". kazakhmys.com. Retrieved 26 April 2012.
- "NGG.BA : Philip Aiken". acroaxis.com. Retrieved 26 April 2012.
- "Robert Walters plc Board". robertwalters.com. Retrieved 26 April 2012.
- Paton, Elizabeth (11 February 2015). "Balfour Beatty selects Aveva's Philip Aiken as chairman". Retrieved 16 June 2016 – via Financial Times.
- "ESSR Director Declaration".
|Chairman of AVEVA Group plc
||Chairman of Robert Walters plc
Leslie Van de Walle