John-Paul Lavoisier as Philip Kiriakis
|Days of our Lives character|
|First appearance||February 21, 1995|
|Last appearance||December 20, 2016|
|Created by||James E. Reilly|
Jay Kenneth Johnson as Philip Kiriakis
Philip Kiriakis is a character on the American soap opera Days of Our Lives. Child actors portrayed the character of Philip until he was rapidly aged from age 4 to 15 and played by Brandon Tyler in October 1999. Tyler was quickly replaced by Jay Kenneth Johnson, who was in the role until leaving the show in December 2002. The character returned in May 2003 played by Kyle Brandt. After Brandt left the show in October 2006, Johnson returned to the role in January 2007 then left on April 20, 2011. In 2015, actor John-Paul Lavoisier was cast in the role; he was let go the following year, last appearing on December 20, 2016.
Child actors Jonathan and Thomas Selstad and Shane Nicholas played Philip from the character's birth until the rapidly aged character returned in the form of Brandon Tyler from October 21, 1999 to December 24, 1999. He was then portrayed by Jay Kenneth Johnson from December 27, 1999 to December 25, 2002 and Kyle Brandt from May 14, 2003 to October 12, 2006. Johnson again portrayed Philip having returned to the role from January 12, 2007 to April 20, 2011.
In July 2015, it was announced former One Life to Live actor John-Paul Lavoisier has been cast as Philip, first appearing on December 10, as part of the show's fiftieth anniversary. In July 2016, it was announced that Lavoisier would vacate the role of Philip and would film his final scenes within the month. The actor's final appearance was slated for December 19, 2016. However, the date was pushed back to December 20, 2016.
Philip is the biological son of Victor Kiriakis (John Aniston) and his fiancee, Kate Roberts and the surrogate son of Vivian Alamain (Louise Sorel). He attends Salem High School before joining the military and marrying Belle Black. Later, he loses part of his left leg and has to wear a prosthetic. Philip and Belle separate when it is discovered that Claire Brady is not his biological daughter, but they eventually reunite and try to conceive their own child through in vitro fertilization. Philip's sperm is switched with Shawn-Douglas Brady's, resulting in Philip having a son Tyler with Mimi Lockhart. Belle leaves Philip for Shawn and Tyler is later given up for adoption. Phillip begins dating Stephanie Johnson and takes a more active role in running Titan Industries with his father. Phillip is seen as a disappointment by Victor and so he goes into business with Tony DiMera but, when they have an argument on the pier, Tony falls onto a sharp plank and dies at the hospital. Nicole Walker witnesses the scene and after being pressured by both Bo Brady and her father-in-law Stefano DiMera finally says it was an accident and Phillip is cleared of any wrongdoing. Victor becomes protective of Phillip once Stefano is consumed by grief and anger over Tony's death and threatens revenge against Phillip. While on a romantic trip with Stephanie, Phillip is shot and almost dies and everyone immediately suspects that Stefano ordered the hit as revenge for Tony's death.
Phillip has a one-night stand with Chloe Lane while he is married to Melanie Layton. Chloe gives birth to a boy Parker Jonas, whom she names after Daniel Jonas' mother's maiden name, since Daniel is assumed to be the father. Chloe and Phillip later believe (incorrectly) that Phillip is Parker's father, since Caroline switched the paternity test results. Melanie suffers a miscarriage caused by stress. Phillip leaves Salem for Chicago with Parker. Chloe later reveals that Daniel is actually Parker's biological father.
- "DAYS OF OUR LIVES – Jay Kenneth Johnson – Philip – DAYS – Actor Bio". Soapoperadigest.com. Retrieved May 30, 2010.
- "Kyle Brandt – Days of our Lives – Chatter Box – Soap Opera Digest and Weekly". Soapoperadigest.com. Retrieved May 30, 2010.[permanent dead link]
- SOD (July 16, 2015). "EXCLUSIVE! JOHN-PAUL LAVOISIER JOINS DAYS". Soap Opera Digest. United States. American Media Inc. Retrieved July 16, 2015.
- "DAYS: John-Paul Lavoisier Debuts As Philip". Soap Opera Digest. United States: American Media, Inc. 40 (50): 4. December 14, 2015.
- "Comings and Goings: John-Paul Lavoisier (Philip Kiriakis)". Soap Opera Digest. (Vol. 40, No. 50). December 14, 2015. p. 10.
- "JOHN-PAUL LAVOISIER OUT AT DAYS". Soap Opera Digest. United States. American Media, Inc. July 5, 2016. Retrieved July 5, 2016.
- Cushman, Dustin (November 22, 2016). "John-Paul Lavoisier leaving Days of our Lives". Soaps.com. United States. Retrieved November 28, 2016. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- "Who's Going". Comings and Goings. Soap Opera Digest. American Media, Inc. 41 (52): 12–13. December 26, 2016.
- "Parker Jonas". Retrieved November 15, 2010.
- "Caroline switched Chloe's baby daddy results". Archived from the original on January 16, 2013. Retrieved November 15, 2010.