National Chess Federation of the Philippines
The National Chess Federation of the Philippines (NCFP) is a non-profit organization, the governing chess organization within the Philippines, and one of the member federations of the Fédération Internationale des Échecs.
The Philippines has produced ten chess Grandmasters (GM), including GMs Eugene Torre, Rogelio Antonio, Wesley So, Darwin Laylo, Jayson Gonzales, Bong Villamayor, Joseph Sanchez, Mark Paragua, and Nelson Mariano II (inactive). IM Ronald Dableo is GM in waiting after achieving three GM Norms, and needs to raise his Elo rating to 2,500 points in order to get the full GM status.
- Shell National Youth Active Chess Championship
- Department of Education (Philippines)
- Philippine Olympic Committee
- Philippine Sports Commission
- "About | National Chess Federation of the Philippines (NCFP)". NCF-Phil.org. Retrieved 2012-10-15.
|This chess organization article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about sports in Philippines is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|