Gagnon in 2009
|Residence||Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
In January 2011, he was cast in the action thriller film Looper as Cid Harrington, a child with unusual telekinetic abilities, who becomes a warlord called the "Rainmaker". Rian Johnson said, "Looking back I'm kind of terrified that I hinged the success of the backend of the movie on finding someone like Pierce. It's really rare to find a kid who can do what he does. He would do three-page dialogue scenes with Emily [Blunt] and Joe [Gordon-Levitt] and hold his own against them all the way through."
After voicing Tiago in Rio 2, the sequel to the 2011 film Rio, Gagnon played Tucker Bloom in the comedy-drama film Wish I Was Here. He played Ethan Woods, the android son of Molly Woods (Halle Berry), in the CBS science fiction drama series Extant. Gagnon was named one of the best actors under twenty years of age.
|2010||The Crazies||Distraught Son|
|2010||The Way Home||Little Joe|
|2014||Wish I Was Here||Tucker Bloom|
|2014||Rio 2||Tiago (voice)|
|2014||A Merry Friggin' Christmas||Douglas Mitchler|
|2012||One Tree Hill||Logan Evans||7 episodes|
|2014–15||Extant||Ethan Woods||26 episodes|
|2017||Twin Peaks||Sonny Jim Jones||9 episodes|
|2018–present||The Boss Baby: Back in Business||Timothy Leslie "Tim" Templeton (voice)|
- "Pierce Gagnon". CBS Press Express.
- "Pierce Gagnon profile". FilmWeb.
- "Director Rian Johnson on Looper's True Meaning". Time.
- "Full Voice Cast Announced for Rio 2". ComingSoon.net. February 22, 2013.
- "'Looper's Pierce Gagnon Joins 'Wish I Was Here,' 'Solace' Adds Janine Turner". Deadline.com. July 9, 2013.
- "'Looper' Lad Lands in Halle Berry's 'Extant' for CBS". Variety. October 22, 2013.
- Staff, The Playlist. "On The Rise: 20 Actors To Watch That Are Under 20". Indiewire. Retrieved February 16, 2017.