Po Lam station
|MTR rapid transit station|
|Literal meaning||Precious Gem|
Tseung Kwan O, Sai Kung District, Hong Kong
|Owned by||MTR Corporation|
|Operated by||MTR Corporation|
|Platforms||1 (1 side platform)|
Po Lam (Chinese: 寶琳) is an MTR station located in Po Lam, in the New Territories of Hong Kong. It is the northern terminus of the Tseung Kwan O Line. The next station on the line is Hang Hau. Although the station is at ground level, it is covered, though not completely sealed, from the outside.
The station's main entrance is on Mau Yip Road, where five pedestrian footbridges link the station to a public transport interchange for ground transport. It is possible to directly access Metro City and The Pinnacle from the concourse of the station. Another footbridge crosses Po Fung Road and enables direct access from Po Lam Estate, Yan Ming Court and Verbena Heights.
|Footbridge (Exit A1, B2)||Metro City Phase I and III|
|Vending machines, ATMs, MTR Shops|
|Footbridge (Exit A2, B1)||Metro City Phase II, Transportation Interchange, Footbridges to Po Lam Estate, Yan Ming Court|
|Footbridge (Exit B3)||Footbridges to rooftop garden, The Pinnacle, King Lam Estate
Tseung Kwan O Public Library, Tseung Kwan O Swimming Pool
|Platform 1||Tseung Kwan O line towards North Point (Hang Hau) →|
|Side platform, doors will open on the left|
|Concourse||Exit C, Customer Service, MTR Shops|
|Octopus Card Promotion Machines|
Unlike most MTR stations, the concourse, gates and platform are at the same level; and there is only one platform from which trains depart, in the same direction as they arrived. This necessitates the halting of trains from Hang Hau midway between the stations while a train currently at the station departs. At the same time, trains arriving at Po Lam stay for a much shorter time before departing, when compared to other MTR terminals. The single-track design (and the consequent lengthened train turnback time) limits the maximum train service frequency of the Tseung Kwan O Line.
The original design of the station was to have two tracks sharing an island platform, and a concourse above the platforms. However, the MTRC, on the advice of the contractors, decided that the concourse would replace what was going to be the second track and part of the island platform. The MTRC decided on the current layout after realising that it would be unlikely that the Tseung Kwan O Line would to be extended beyond Po Lam, as well as to save construction costs. With the current layout, passengers can enter or exit the station from the platform in less than one minute.
Just south of the station (but north of the point where the line narrows from two to one track), there is a siding that splits from the line.
- A1: Metro City Plaza III
- A2: Metro City Plaza II
- B1: Metro City Plaza II
- B2: Metro City Plaza I
- B3: King Lam Estate
- C: Mau Yip Road
- 12 (Exit A2): to Sai Kung
- 15 (Exit A2): to Hong Sing Garden
- 15M (Exit C): to Hong Sing Garden
- 16 (Exit A2): to Po Toi O
- 17M (Exit C): to Tsui Lam Estate
- 105 (Exit C): to Hong Sing Garden
- 106 (Exit A2): to Kowloon Bay
- 107 (Exit C): to Haven of Hope Hospital
- 111 (Exit A2): to San Po Kong
- 91M (Exit B1): to Diamond Hill (via Hang Hau, HKUST and Clear Water Bay Road)
- 93A (Exit B1): to Kwun Tong Ferry Pier (via Hong Sing Garden and Sau Mau Ping)
- 93K (Exit B1): to Mong Kok East Station (via Kwun Tong Road, Ma Tau Wai, Chatham Road North and Nathan Road)
- 93M (Exit B1): to Lam Tin Station (circular; via Sau Mau Ping Estate and Lam Tin) (morning peak hours only)
- 98D/98P (Exit C): to Tsim Sha Tsui East (via Tseung Kwan O Tunnel, Kai Tak Tunnel and Jordan) (Monday–Saturday rush hours only)
- 98S (Exit C): to Mei Foo (via Hong Sing Garden, Kwun Tong Bypass, Argyle Street and Cheung Sha Wan Road) (Monday–Saturday rush hours only)
- 290/290A (Exit A2) to Tsuen Wan West Station (via Hong Sing Garden, Po Tat Estate, Choi Hung Station, Lung Cheung Road, Kwai Chung Road)
- 296M (Exit B1): to Hang Hau Station (via Sheung Tak Estate)
- 690 (Exit B1): to Central (Exchange Square) (via Tseung Kwan O Tunnel, King's Road and Causeway Bay)
- 690P (Exit C): to Central (Exchange Square) (via Tseung Kwan O Tunnel and Causeway Bay) (Monday–Saturday rush hours only)
- 798 (Exit A2): to Fo Tan via Sha Tin
- "Po Lam Station layout" (PDF). MTR Corporation. Retrieved 30 October 2016.
- "Supplementary Information on Tseung Kwan O Extension (Phase II) Service" (PDF). Legislative Council Panel on Transport. July 2009.
- MTR Track Diagram, hk365day.com. Accessed 2016-06-09.
- "Po Lam Station street map" (PDF). MTR Corporation. Retrieved 30 October 2016.
- Media related to Po Lam Station at Wikimedia Commons