PostFinance-Arena in 2011
|Former names||Eisstadion Allmend
|Owner||Swiss Prime Site AG|
|SC Bern (National League A) (1967 - present)|
PostFinance Arena (originally known as Eisstadion Allmend and Bern Arena) is an arena in Bern, Switzerland. It is primarily used for ice hockey and is the home arena of SC Bern. It was built in 1967 and currently accommodates 17,031 people. A characteristic of the PostFinance Arena is that it has the world's largest standing room grandstand within an arena, with a capacity of 10,422 bench seats.
PostFinance Arena holds a Europe-wide record, having a 16,203 spectator average in the 2008/2009 season.
Due to its age and with an eye towards the 2009 IIHF World Championships, the arena was renovated. The holder invested about CHF 100 million (~$100 million) into the extension and restoration of the building. The modification was finished by April 24, 2009, when the World Championships started. The interior of the arena is mostly unchanged, especially the steep standing room stand, which is very popular with the fans. However the VIP-zone was entirely rebuilt and the capacity there was extended by about 500. The total capacity is now 17,031 spectators.
- SC Bern.
- PostFinance Arena, Facts & Figures; https://www.postfinancearena.ch/index.php?page=112; accessdate = 22 December 2012
- IIHF World Championships 2009 official website
- PostFinance Arena, Eisstadion Allmend; https://www.postfinancearena.ch/index.php?page=315; accessdate = 22 December 2012
- PostFinance Arena | Daten und Fakten
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to PostFinance-Arena.|
- Official Website (German)