|Operator||Aeroportos e Segurança Aérea (ASA)|
|Location||São Nicolau, Cape Verde|
|Elevation AMSL||669 ft / 204 m|
Preguiça (Portuguese Aeroporto de Preguiça) (IATA: SNE, ICAO: GVSN) is an airport in Cape Verde located in the island of São Nicolau, about 3 km south of the island capital Ribeira Brava. The island is on the road connecting the town and the airport, just off the highway connecting Ribeira Brava and Preguiça along with its port. Its runway is 1,400 meters and is categorized 3C.
Before 2010, a part of the Ribeira Brava-Airport Route was rerouted and two roundabouts were added, the other being at the junction with Ribeira Brava-Preguiça Route, by around 2012, they were completed, the area where a portion of the route was became a space for the expansion of the terminal.
In 2012, it handled 26,436 passengers making it the sixth most used airport in the country. In 2013 a brand new Terminal Building was erected to replace the existing old Terminal which had come to the end of its design life. The new Terminal has a design capacity of 450,000 Passengers a year and equips the Airport well to meet the demands of the future.
In 2013, the annual passenger number was 24,732, it also had 618 air operations and transported 31 tonnes of cargo, a slight drop. But in 2016, passengers rose to 26,436 but others dropped including operations which was 604 and cargo transports which was 24.
Airlines and destinations
operated by Binter CV
|Cabo Verde Express||Sal, São Vicente|
Media related to Preguiça Airport at Wikimedia Commons
- "Movement of Planes, Passengers and Cargos at Airports" (PDF) (in Portuguese). ASA. 31 December 2016. Retrieved 17 February 2017.
- "ASA vai modernizar aerodromo de São Nicolau com uma estrutura pre-fabricated" [ASA Renovates the São Nicolau Aerodrome With a Prefabricated Structure]. Binokulu (in Portuguese). 5 October 2010.
- "Relative Statistics in Airports" (PDF) (in Portuguese). ASA. 1 April 2014. Retrieved 17 September 2014.
- "Statistics in Airports" (PDF) (in Portuguese). ASA. 1 October 2013. Retrieved 17 September 2014.
- Airport information for GVSN at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.
|This article about an airport in Cape Verde is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|