Private Parts and Pieces IV: A Catch at the Tables
|This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Private Parts and Pieces IV: A Catch at the Tables|
|Studio album by Anthony Phillips|
Richard Scott (11)
Trevor Vallis (11)
|Anthony Phillips chronology|
Private Parts and Pieces IV: A Catch at the Tables is an album by Anthony Phillips, released by Passport Records in April 1984. Like the first two albums in the "Private Parts and Pieces" series, the tracks on A Catch at the Tables were a collection of experiments, improvisations, and music written for other projects.
Two bonus tracks were added when the album was reissued on compact disc by Virgin Records in 1991. The first one, "Erotic Strings" was originally incidental music for the play "Tropical Moon over Dorking," which starred Pauline Collins.
On February 7, 2012, Voiceprint released a 2-CD set of Private Parts and Pieces III and Private Parts and Pieces IV, containing additional bonus tracks.
On September 11, 2015, Esoteric Recordings (a Cherry Red Records label) released a 5-disc box set containing the first four volumes in the Private Parts and Pieces series and a 5th disc of previously unreleased material.
All songs written by Anthony Phillips.
- "Aboretum Suite:"
- "Set Piece"–2:06
- "Over the Gate"–2:06
- "Flap Jack"–2:25
- "Lights on the Hill"–5:26
- "Earth Man"–4:36
- "Dawn over the Lake"–10:50
- "Heart of Darkness"–3:20
- "The Sea and the Armadillo"–4:58
- "Erotic Strings"–1:05 (CD bonus track)
- "A Catch at the Tables"–2:57 (CD bonus track)
2012 Re-issue bonus tracks:
- "Flapjack(Solo Version)" - 2:31
- "Theme from Operation Whale" - 1:47
- Anthony Phillips: Twelve string guitar, eight string guitar, polymoog, synthesizer, bass guitar, drumbox, mellotron, chiranga, vocals on (8)
- Mark Emmey: bugle (8)
- Judd Lander: bagpipes and harmonica (8)
Produced by Anthony Phillips, except "Sistine," which was produced by Trevor Vallis, Anthony Phillips & Richard Scott