Project Rocket / Fall Out Boy
|This article does not cite any sources. (March 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Project Rocket / Fall Out Boy|
|EP by Project Rocket/Fall Out Boy|
|Released||May 28, 2002|
|Project Rocket chronology|
|Fall Out Boy chronology|
Project Rocket/Fall Out Boy is a split EP by American rock bands Project Rocket and Fall Out Boy, released by Uprising Records in 2002. It was the first official release for both bands. The split EP has sold over 25,000 copies in the United States as of August 2008, according to Billboard.
This would be the first album for members of Fall Out Boy and Project Rocket to be done away from the hardcore style as opposed to their previous bands, though it still contains certain hardcore influences. Jared Logan played the drums for Fall Out Boy in the recording. Andy Hurley, the drummer for Project Rocket at the time, later agreed to drum part-time for Fall Out Boy before eventually joining full-time, after some lineup changes were made.
The tracks were reversed in the 2005 re-release of the album. Project Rocket's tracks came first, followed by those of Fall Out Boy. There is also an extremely rare reprint which features the front cover of the re-release, although without the "split ep" title; the track numbering on the case and CD are the same as the re-release but the tracks on the CD play in the order of the original pressing. Also, the track "Growing Up" is listed as "Growing" on top of the disc.
Fall Out Boy would later re-record their three songs from the EP for their following mini-LP Fall Out Boy's Evening Out with Your Girlfriend. Project Rocket also re-recorded "You Charlatan" for their album New Year's Revolution.
Tracks 1–3 were written and arranged by Project Rocket; tracks 4–6 were written and arranged by Fall Out Boy.
|1.||"Formula for Love"||2:31|
|5.||"Switchblades and Infidelity"||3:13|
Adapted from liner notes
- Project Rocket/Fall Out Boy (Split EP)(CD - Uprising Records #UPR 022CD) AllMusic. Retrieved January 3, 2015.
- Harding, Cortney (September 13, 2008). ""Infinity" And Beyond". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 120 (37): 20–23. Retrieved February 14, 2015.
- Billboard Back Issue Volume 120, Issue 37 Billboard. Retrieved February 14, 2015.
- Fall Out Boy/Project Rocket (liner notes). Fall Out Boy, Project Rocket. US: Uprising. 2002. R22.
- Project Rocket/Fall Out Boy (Split EP) (CD - Uprising Records #222) AllMusic. Retrieved January 3, 2015.
- Project Rocket/Fall Out Boy (Split EP) (CD - Uprising Records #UPR 022CD) AllMusic. Retrieved January 3, 2015.
- Project Rocket/Fall Out Boy (liner notes). Project Rocket, Fall Out Boy. US: Uprising. 2002. 222.