|Elevation||1,181 ft (360 m)|
|Time zone||UTC-8 (Pacific (PST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-7 (PDT)|
|Area code(s)||458 and 541|
|GNIS feature ID||1125682|
|Coordinates and elevation from Geographic Names Information System|
Provolt is an unincorporated community in Jackson County, Oregon, United States. It is about 15 miles (24 km) southeast of Grants Pass on Oregon Route 238, near the Applegate River on the county line between Jackson and Josephine counties.
Provolt post office was named for a pioneer family of the area. The Provolt Store was started about 1875 by Samuel Provolt. The post office was established in 1895 in what was then Josephine County; Mary E. Provolt was the first postmaster. The office was discontinued in 1955.
- "Provolt". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. 1980-11-20. Retrieved 2017-01-09.
- Oregon Atlas & Gazetteer (7th ed.). Yarmouth, Maine: DeLorme. 2008. p. 67. ISBN 0-89933-347-8.
- Writers' Program of the Work Projects Administration in the State of Oregon (1940). Oregon: End of the Trail. American Guide Series. Portland, Oregon: Binfords & Mort. p. 327. OCLC 4874569.
- McArthur, Lewis A.; McArthur, Lewis L. (2003) . Oregon Geographic Names (7th ed.). Portland, Oregon: Oregon Historical Society Press. p. 787. ISBN 978-0875952772.
- "Josephine County Historical Society's "Passport To History" - Provolt Store - Provolt, Oregon". Retrieved 2010-12-23.
- Friedman, Ralph (1990). In Search of Western Oregon (2nd ed.). Caldwell, Idaho: The Caxton Printers, Ltd. p. 243. ISBN 0-87004-332-3.
- DeRosia, Susan (February 13, 2003). "Love Is in the Air". Ashland Daily Tidings. Retrieved 2010-12-23.
- Historic image of Provolt from Salem Public Library
|This Jackson County, Oregon state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|