White City, Oregon
White City, Oregon
Josephson Skate Park in White City
Location of White City, Oregon
|• Total||1.86 sq mi (4.83 km2)|
|• Land||1.86 sq mi (4.83 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,312 ft (400 m)|
|• Density||4,275/sq mi (1,650.5/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-8 (Pacific (PST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-7 (PDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1128971|
White City is an unincorporated community and census-designated place (CDP) in Jackson County, Oregon, United States. The population was 7,975 at the 2010 census, up from 5,466 at the 2000 census. White City is about 9 miles (14 km) north of the center of Medford and 4 miles (6 km) south of Eagle Point.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (March 2010)
This region experiences warm (but not hot) and dry summers, with no average monthly temperatures above 71.6 °F (22.0 °C). According to the Köppen Climate Classification system, White City has a warm-summer Mediterranean climate, abbreviated "Csb" on climate maps.
As of the 2010 U.S. census, there were 7,975 people, 2,431 households, and 1,865 families residing in the CDP. There were 3,018 housing units, of which 587, or 19.4%, were vacant. The racial makeup of the CDP was 74.7% White, 1.3% African American, 1.3% Native American, 0.8% Asian, 0.1% Pacific Islander, 17.8% some other race, and 3.9% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 28.8% of the population.
Of the 2,431 households in the CDP, 42.5% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 53.2% were headed by married couples living together, 16.0% had a female householder with no husband present, and 23.3% were non-families. 17.0% of all households were made up of individuals, and 5.1% were someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 3.08 and the average family size was 3.43.
29.8% of the residents in the CDP were under the age of 18, 9.4% were from ages 18 to 24, 28.5% were from 25 to 44, 23.7% were from 45 to 64, and 8.5% were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 31.6 years. For every 100 females, there were 111.8 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 115.4 males.
For the period 2012-2016, the estimated median annual income for a household in the CDP was $44,940, and the median income for a family was $48,503. Male full-time workers had a median income of $35,333 versus $27,551 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $15,368. About 15.2% of families and 19.6% of the population were below the poverty line, including 17.3% of those under age 18 and 17.4% of those age 65 or over.
Parks and recreation
This section does not cite any sources. (February 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife's Denman Wildlife Area has segments north and south of White City. The TouVelle State Recreation Site is located along Table Rock Road where it crosses the Rogue River. Furthermore, The Nature Conservancy's Agate Desert Preserve is on the west side of White City.
White City is located at the junction of Oregon Route 62 and Oregon Route 140. White City is also served by RVTD Route 60 connecting to Medford, and by the Southwest POINT which is an intercity route connecting to a number of Southern Oregon cities.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Census Summary File 1 (G001): White City CDP, Oregon". American Factfinder. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved October 30, 2018.
- Google Maps driving directions White City to Medford
- Google Maps White City to Eagle Point
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- Climate Summary for White City, Oregon
- "1990 Census of Population – General Population Characteristics: Oregon" (PDF). U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved October 30, 2018.
- "Characteristics of the Population – Number of Inhabitants: Oregon". Census of Population and Housing, 1980. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved October 30, 2018.
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Census Summary File 1 (DP-1): White City CDP, Oregon". American Factfinder. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved October 30, 2018.
- "Selected Economic Characteristics: 2012-2016 American Community Survey 5-Year Estimates (DP03): White City CDP, Oregon". American Factfinder. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved October 30, 2018.
- "White City, Oregon". Citydata.com. Accessed May 2010.
- "The Point - Public Oregon Intercity Transport". Retrieved 2010-04-28.
- "Rogue Valley Terminal Railroad". Retrieved 2017-06-17.