16–49; see text.
Psorothamnus is a genus of plants in the legume family. These are shrubs and small trees. Many are known by the general common name indigo bush. Some are referred to as daleas, as this genus was once included in genus Dalea. These are generally thorny, thickly branched, strongly scented bushes. Most species bear lupinlike raceme inflorescences of bright purple legume flowers and gland-rich pods. Psorothamnus species are native to the southwestern United States and northern Mexico. The genus is paraphyletic and it has been proposed that the genus Psorodendron be reinstated to accommodate sections Xylodalea, Capnodendron, and Winnemucca.
- Psorothamnus arborescens (A. Gray) Barneby—Mojave indigo bush
- var. arborescens (A. Gray) Barneby
- var. minutifolius (Parish) Barneby
- var. pubescens (Parish) Barneby
- var. simplicifolius (Parish) Barneby
- Psorothamnus emoryi (A. Gray) Rydb.—dyebush, Emory's indigo bush
- Psorothamnus fremontii (A. Gray) Barneby—Fremont's indigo bush
- var. attenuatus Barneby
- var. fremontii (A. Gray) Barneby
- Psorothamnus kingii (S. Watson) Barneby—King's dalea
- Psorothamnus nummularius (M.E. Jones) S.L. Welsh
- Psorothamnus polydenius (S. Watson) Rydb.—Nevada dalea
- Psorothamnus schottii (Torr.) Barneby—Schott's dalea
- Psorothamnus scoparius (A. Gray) Rydb.—broom dalea
- Psorothamnus spinosus (A. Gray) Barneby—smoketree, smokethorn
- Psorothamnus thompsoniae (Vail) S.L. Welsh & N.D. Atwood—Thompson's dalea
- Cardoso D, Pennington RT, de Queiroz LP, Boatwright JS, Van Wyk BE, Wojciechowski MF, Lavin M (2013). "Reconstructing the deep-branching relationships of the papilionoid legumes". S Afr J Bot. 89: 58–75. doi:10.1016/j.sajb.2013.05.001.
- McMahon M, Hufford L (2004). "Phylogeny of Amorpheae (Fabaceae: Papilionoideae)". Am J Bot. 91 (8): 1219–1230. doi:10.3732/ajb.91.8.1219. PMID 21653479.
- "ILDIS LegumeWeb entry for Psorothamnus". International Legume Database & Information Service. Cardiff School of Computer Science & Informatics. Retrieved 7 July 2014.
- USDA, ARS, National Genetic Resources Program. "GRIN species records of Psorothamnus". Germplasm Resources Information Network—(GRIN) [Online Database]. National Germplasm Resources Laboratory, Beltsville, Maryland. Retrieved 7 July 2014.
- "The Plant List entry for Psorothamnus". The Plant List. Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew and the Missouri Botanical Garden. 2013. Retrieved 7 July 2014.
|Wikispecies has information related to: Psorothamnus|
- CalFlora Database: Psorothamnus
- Jepson Manual eFlora (TJM2) treatment of Psorothamnus
- USDA Plants Profile for Psorothamnus
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Psorothamnus.|