Queen (playing card)
The Queen is a playing card with a picture of a woman on it. In many European languages, the King and Queen begin with the same letter so the latter is often called Dame (Lady) or variations thereof. In French playing cards, the usual rank of a queen is between the King and the Jack. In tarot decks, it outranks the Knight which in turn outranks the Jack.
another name for the goddess Athena
an anagram of Regina (Latin for "queen")
- List of poker hand nicknames
- "The Queen of Spades", a short story by Alexander Pushkin
- The Queen of Spades, an opera by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky based on Pushkin's story
- Queen of Spades, the title used by Chibodee Crocket in the 1994 anime Mobile Fighter G Gundam
- The Queen of Hearts, a character from Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
- Heart Queen, Karen Mizuki's codename in JAKQ Dengekitai.
- "Queen of Hearts", a Hank DeVito-written 1979 song by Dave Edmunds; the international hit version was released in 1981 by Juice Newton.
- Queen of Hearts, a BBC TV play of 1985
- Marsha, Queen of Diamonds, a villain from the 1960s Batman TV series played by Carolyn Jones.
- Queen of Clubs, a 1966 Greek film
- Queen of Clubs: Ruby, Onyx and Diamond Editions, a remix album trilogy featuring singer-songwriter Nadia Ali as the Queen of Clubs
- Three-card Monte
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Queens (playing cards).|