The title and awards of Raj Ratna & Raj Bhushan came to an end mostly by the end of year 1949 with the amalgamation of almost all Princely States in to India and formation of the Republic of India
However, the legacy, spirit and essence of these awards are being carried forward in independent India, by similar other prestigious awards like Bharat Ratna, Padma Vibhushan, Padma Bhushan and Padma Shri awarded by Government of India.
Notable people awarded title Raj Ratna
- Rattanji Daboo, Dinshaw, Raj Ratna, BA, Zamindar; b. 25 September 1835; Representative, Baroda Government at the ... Central Communication Board; Awarded 'Raj Bhusan' and a silver medal 1927; title of 'Raj Ratna* with a gold medal.. All India co-operative review, Volume 8
- BHANDARI JAGAN NATH, RAI BHADUR, RAJ RATAN M.A., L.L.B., Dewan Idar State.. The Times of India directory and year book including who's who, Volume 32, 1945
- "Nanjibhai was honoured during his lifetime by the British Government with the title of M.B.E. for his work in Uganda. His Highness Maharana Shri Natvarsinghji of Porbandar conferred on him the title of Raj Ratna. On the cultural front, the late Kaka Kalelkar honoured him with a Dharma Ratna.". mehtagroup.com. Retrieved 8 September 2015.
- Jagannath Bhandari...Resumed law practice, 1922; appointed Dewan of Idar State, 1931. Given title of Ral Bahadur by Government In June. 1933, and Raj Ratna by HH the Maharaja Sahib Bahadur, Aug. 1933 World biography, Volume 1, 1948
- "【お悩み】人工芝、継ぎ目がみえないように敷く方法がわかりません！ | 人工芝の「困ったあるある」解決サイト！【シバシバパニック】 | ...efforts of the late Maharaja of Porbandar, Shri Natavarsinhji, and Rajaratna Shri Manjibhai Kalidas Mehta and..". kirtimandir.org. Retrieved 8 September 2015.