|Directed by||Eric Khoo|
|Edited by||Natalie Soh|
Ramen Teh (Chinese: 情牽拉麵茶) is a Singaporean-Japanese-French film. The film is directed by Eric Khoo, and stars Takumi Saito, Jeanette Aw, Seiko Matsuda, Mark Lee, Tsuyoshi Ihara, Tetsuya Bessho, and Beatrice Chien.
Masato is a young ramen chef in the city of Takasaki in Japan. After the sudden death of his emotionally distant father, he chances upon a suitcase of memorabilia and a red notebook – filled with musings and old photos – left behind by his Singaporean mother who died when he was just ten years old. Acting on a hunch, he takes off for Singapore with the notebook, hoping to piece together the story of his life, as well as that of his parents. There he meets Miki, a Japanese food blogger and single mother who helps him track down his maternal uncle Ah Wee, who runs a bak kut teh stall. Masato discovers that his grandmother Madam Lee is still alive, and that she holds the key to the tender yet turbulent love story of his parents. Masato and his grandmother try to heal each other’s broken soul, and find salvation in the kitchen where the meals they cook become more than the sum of their ingredients.
- Takumi Saito (斎藤工) as Masato
- Jeanette Aw as Mei Lian
- Seiko Matsuda (松田聖子) as Miki
- Mark Lee as Uncle Wee
- Tsuyoshi Ihara (伊原剛志) as Kazuo
- Tetsuya Bessho (別所哲也) as Uncle Akio
- Beatrice Chien as Madam Lee
Ramen Teh received positive reviews and currently holds an aggregate of 80% at Rotten Tomatoes, based on 10 reviews. Maggie Lee of Variety stated that "derivative aspects aside, this simple and direct celebration of Singapore’s culinary heritage goes down easy". Allan Hunter of Screen International wrote in his review, "Khoo's gentle drama may be too slight and sentimental for some tastes but it is handled with a sincerity that could commend it to incurable romantics and insatiable foodies alike".
- Frater, Patrick (2017-07-14). "Eric Khoo Cooks Up 'Ramen Teh' With Japan's Seiko Matsuda, Takumi Saitoh". Variety. Retrieved 2017-09-03.
- "Takumi Saitoh, Seiko Matsuda to star in Eric Khoo's 'Ramen Teh'". Screen. Retrieved 2017-09-03.
- hermes (2018-01-25). "Eric Khoo's film in culinary section of Berlin festival". The Straits Times. Retrieved 2018-02-26.
- "Ramen Teh". www.berlinale.de. Retrieved 2018-02-26.
- hermesauto (2017-07-14). "Japanese pop idol Seiko Matsuda and Mark Lee to star in Eric Khoo ramen movie". The Straits Times. Retrieved 2017-09-03.
- "【坐輪椅照開工】松田聖子夠專業 跌傷堅持赴獅城拍新片". Apple Daily 蘋果日報. Retrieved 2017-09-03.
- "聖子帶傷坐輪椅赴獅城拍戲夠專業". on.cc東網 (in Chinese). Retrieved 2017-09-03.
- "拍新片結緣 齋藤工任新加坡觀光大使". on.cc東網 (in Chinese). Retrieved 2017-09-03.
- "斎藤工、レスリー・キー氏撮影アートブックを来春発売". スポーツ報知 (in Japanese). 2017-08-25. Retrieved 2017-09-03.
- "Ramen Shop (2019) - International Box Office Results - Box Office Mojo". www.boxofficemojo.com. Retrieved 2018-12-15.
- "Ramen Teh". www.boxofficemojo.com. Retrieved 2018-12-15.
- Lee, Maggie (2018-02-22). "Berlin Film Review: 'Ramen Teh'". Variety. Retrieved 2018-02-26.
- "'Ramen Shop': Berlin Review". Screen. Retrieved 2018-02-26.