|This article does not cite any sources. (April 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|• Total||5 km2 (2 sq mi)|
|Elevation||450 m (1,480 ft)|
|• Density||4,000/km2 (10,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Vehicle registration||UP 64|
|Sex ratio||95/100 ♂/♀|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Duddhi|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||parasi|
Renusagar is a town situated in the south of Sonbhadra, Uttar Pradesh, India. Renusagar is the home of Renupower, a 700 MW captive power plant which supplies electricity to Hindalco Industries' operations in Renukoot. The rest of the town is mostly a middle class residential community, managed by the Civic Authority of Hindalco.
Aditya Birla Junior School, previously known as Renupower Prathmik Pathshala, is Renusagar's Hindi-medium school for grades 1–5. Aditya Birla Intermediate College, formerly known as Renupower Intermediate College, educates grades 6–12,in Hindi. Aditya Birla Public School, formerly known as Vidya Mandir is affiliated to CBSE Board for LKG to 12.
Note:- Because there is no railway station in renusagar, so we are showing trains from nearest railway stations.
The following trains originate/pass through Anpara area.
- Triveni Express(4 Days-Week)
- Chopan Shaktinagar Passenger(Daily)
- Shaktinagar - Varanasi Link Intercity Express via Chopan,Chunar,Jeonathpur(Daily)
The following trains originate/pass through Singrauli area. Singrauli- Bareilly Triveni express Via Allahabad, Lucknow (Tri-weekly)
- Singrauli- Jabalpur inter-city express via New Katni Jn. (Daily)
- Singrauli- Patna Link Express via Garhwa Road, Gaya (Daily)
- Singrauli- Varanasi Inter-city express via Chopan, Chunar (Daily)
- Ahmadabad - Kolkata express via Ajmer, Ujjain, Bhopal, Singrauli (weekly)
- Ajmer - Kolkata express via Kota, Damoh, Singrauli Barkakana (weekly)
- Howrah - Bhopal express via Barkakana, Singrauli, Damoh (Weekly)
- Jabalpur - Howrah Shaktipunj express via Singrauli Barkakana Jn. (Daily)
- Kolkata- Ajmer express via Tata Nagar, Barkakana, Singrauli Kota (Weekly)
- Chopan - Katni Bina passenger via Singrauli, Damoh (Daily)
- Katni - Chopan overnight fast passenger via Singrauli (Daily)
- Shaktinagar- Bareilly Triveni express via Allahabad, Lucknow (4 Days-week)
- Shaktinagar- Varanasi Link Inter-city express via Anpara, Chopan (Daily) from July 2013
- Shaktinagar- Chopan passenger via Anpara, Obra Dam (Daily)
The following trains originate/pass through Renukoot area.
- 11447 - Shaktipunj Exp - Jabalpur → Howrah Jn
- 11448 - Shaktipunj Exp - Howrah Jn → Jabalpur
- 12873 - Jharkhand Exp - Hatia → Anand Vihar
- 12874 - Jharkhand Exp - Anand Vihar → Hatia
- 13025 - Hwh Bpl Express - Howrah Jn → Bhopal Jn
- 13026 - Bpl Howrah Exp - Bhopal Jn → Howrah Jn
- 14370 - Triveni Exp - Bareilly → Barwadih Jn
- 18101 - Tata Jat Exp - Tatanagar Jn → Jammu Tawi
- 18102 - Muri Express - Jammu Tawi → Tatanagar Jn
- 18601 - Hte Jat Exp - Hatia → Jammu Tawi
- 23347 - Sgrl Ghd Exp - Singrauli → Patna Jn
- 23348 - Pnbe Sgrl Exp - Patna Jn → Singrauli
- 24370 - Triveni Exp - Bareilly → Barwadih Jn
- 84369 - Tribeni Express - Barwadih Jn → Bareilly
Sonebhadra district has good connectivity to nearby major cities. The nearest city to Renusagar is Varanasi 200 km by road, nearest railway station is Anpara, it is 779 km from Bhopal. The nearest airport is at Varanasi and one at Mayurpur owned by Hindalco. Private transport facilities are also available in this area and it is directly connected with Chattishgarh (Ambikapur), Maharashtra (Nagpur) and Uttar Pradesh (Varanasi) by road. Renusagar is approximately 35 km from Renukoot which has train connectivity with Jammu Tawi, Amritsar, Delhi, Ranchi, Jamshedpur, Rourkela and Kolkata.