A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (October 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Founders||Lisa Falzone, Chris Ciabarra|
|Products||Quick Service POS, Restaurant POS, Retail POS, Coffee Shop POS, Pizza Restaurant POS, Events POS, Mobile POS, Grocery POS|
|Owner||Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe|
Revel Systems was founded in 2010 in San Francisco. In May 2011, Revel received $3.7 million in funding from DCM. In 2015 the company announced an investment of approximately $13.5 Million from ROTH Capital Partners, bringing Revel's Series C round to approximately $110 Million. This infusion from ROTH was Revel's C-3 investment round, a follow-up to the Series C-1 round led by Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe (WCAS) in November 2014 and Series C-2 round led by Intuit Inc. in December 2014.
In 2015, the company announced a strategic partnership with Apple Computers as a member of the Apple Enterprise Mobility Program and in 2014 Revel announced a partnership with Intuit to create Quickbooks Point of Sale Powered by Revel Systems and in Sept 2016 Revel announced a partnership with Shell Global
The Revel Systems headquarters is located in Atlanta, Georgia. Additional offices are located in San Francisco, California and Vilnius, Lithuania. European sales are handled by office in London. Revel's iPad point of sale software focuses on security in order to be a properly licensed system. Revel was the first iPad POS to implement EMV—or "Chip and Pin"—Processing in the United States, in January 2013.
Some of Revel's clients include the following (or franchisees of the following): Shell, Smoothie King, Tully's Coffee, Little Caesars Pizza, Legends Hospitality, Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, Popeye's Louisiana Kitchen, Illy Coffee, Dairy Queen, Forever Yogurt, and Twistee Treat, among others. Revel has partnered with retail giants Belkin and Goodwill.
In February 2017 it was announced that Falzone had been replaced as CEO. Lisa Falzone and CTO Chris Ciabarra were removed by majority share holder, investment firm Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe, which now has a majority stake in the company. New CEO Greg Dukat was appointed.
Revel Systems' Point of sale system operates on the Apple iPad. The backend can be managed via mobile device or via Web browser. Associated hardware includes: receipt printer, cash drawer, and card swipe. Revel also announced the Revel Ethernet Connect cable in 2015 that allows for a hardwired Ethernet connection to iPads running Revel software.
Revel has several POS systems for the culinary industry such as Kitchen Display System, Drive-through POS, Food Truck POS, and Restaurant POS. Other retail POS systems include Grocery POS, Retail POS, and Quick Service POS. Revel also have systems for large venues including Stadium POS and Events POS.
Revel Systems offers a range of preconfigured hardware to complement its point of sale system. The Apple iPad acts as a business's main POS terminal, or register. Transactions, orders, and various other functions take place on the iPad POS. The iPad Mini is used as a POS terminal for customer-facing kiosks and table-side ordering. The Apple iPod Touch serves as a line-buster, or as a customer-facing display. These terminals work with Epson Printers, wireless routers, access points, cash drawers, card swipes, and barcode scanners to meet a merchant's needs.
Revel allows for a customizable point of sale solution and integrates with a variety of third party providers. Providers for payment include FirstData, Mercury Payments, LevelUp, Adyen and PayPal. Reporting is provided by companies including Avero, CTUIT, and RTI Connect. Revel's gift card providers include Givex, Mercury, PlasticPrinters, Synergy, and Valutec. The loyalty and reward program is provided by companies including LevelUp, Punchh, LoyalTree, and Synergy. Revel systems include Facebook and Twitter integration with online ordering options provided by companies including Zuppler, and Shopify. Revel's Managed Hosting is provided by Singlehop and Softlayer.
Create menu items in the Management Console and manage your goods with Revel's inventory management, allowing business owners to keep track of and manage their inventory directly from the backend management console or a mobile device. WiFi Management helps a business establish a strong WiFi network through the use of the ISP provided modem, additional routers and access points. And with Revel's Always On Mode customers' POS can run uninterrupted offline or on a local network. With the delivery management console, business owners track orders, employees, and deliveries. Customer Relationship Management or CRM, allows businesses to keep track of their customers and customer preferences. With QuickBooks integration, users can export reports into the file type of their choice (including CSV, XLS, and JSON) and import into QuickBooks for accounting purposes. Purchase order generation allows business owners to maintain a database of vendors as well as create, track, and verify purchase orders. Payroll Management provides users with the ability to track and audit labor hours so that employees can be paid correctly and timely. With online ordering, users can integrate their website's online ordering with the Revel POS, allowing their customers to place orders online and set pickup times. With Revel Reporting leverage the Management Console to compare real-time data with historical trends to guide your business decisions.
Revel Systems was included first on the list of Business News Daily's "Best iPad POS Systems." In 2013, Revel Systems was chosen as the Best Retail app in the Business at the Tabby Awards and CEO Lisa Falzone was recognized in Tech Cocktail as one of "15 Female Entrepreneurs You Should Know About (But Probably Don't)." In 2015 Lisa Falzone was named on the Fortune 40 Under 40 list and the Forbes list of Eight Rising Stars.
- "Revel Systems Hires Randy Chin as CIO". PR.com.
- "https://www.bizjournals.com/sanjose/news/2017/02/06/co-founders-out-at-payment-tech-startup-as.html". www.bizjournals.com. Retrieved 2018-06-18. External link in
- Reporter, William Alden BuzzFeed News. "A Takeover In Silicon Valley: Founders Out, Private Equity In". BuzzFeed. Retrieved 2017-02-08.
- Alden, William. "Welsh Carson Leads $100 Million Investment in Revel Systems". nytimes.com.
- "Revel Systems hiring for new office at SkySong". azcentral.com.
- Lizette Chapman (May 24, 2011). "The Daily Start-Up: $80M For Daily Deals Down Under". Wall Street Journal.
- Lunden, Ingrid. "Revel Systems inks payments deal with Shell as rumors swirl of a sale to IBM". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2016-09-22.
- Molly McHugh (June 4, 2012). "Payment disruption hits the enterprise as Revel launches its latest iteration, Atlas". Digital Trends.
- "iPad POS Systems Touch On a Few Legal Concerns". FindLaw. September 26, 2013.
- "Revel Rolls Out First EMV Processing for iPad POS". QSR Magazine. January 14, 2013.
- "Revel's retail system rolls out". The Next Web.
- "The Best iPad POS Systems". Business News Daily. August 11, 2014.
- Darrell Etherington (May 27, 2014). "Revel Adds A Drive-Through Option To Its iPad-Based Retail And Restaurant Sales Systems". TechCrunch.
- Molly McHugh (July 7, 2012). "Revel takes enterprise payment solutions to the streets with its food truck service Revel Router". Digital Trends.
- Darrell Etherington (September 16, 2013). "Revel Goes Big With Full Stadium Deployment Of iPad Point-Of-Sale System At ASU". TechCrunch.
- "Juicy POS For the Worlds Largest Mobile Outdoor Grill". The Point of Sale News. August 22, 2013. Archived from the original on August 23, 2013.
- "Revel Systems integrates with Adyen for mPOS payment service". The PayPers. October 22, 2013.
- Sarah Perez (October 14, 2013). "PayPal Expands "Real World" Presence Via Integration With iPad Point-of-Sale Maker Revel Systems". TechCrunch.
- Heather Clancy (November 21, 2012). "iPad-based POS systems add customization features". ZDNet.
- "The Tabby Awards /Business 2013 winners: The best 18 tablet apps for work". TabTimes. November 13, 2013.
- "15 Female Entrepreneurs You Should Know About (But Probably Don't)". Tech Cocktail. November 26, 2013.