Riccardo Garrone (actor)
Garrone in The Most Wonderful Moment (1957)
|Born||1 November 1926|
|Died||14 March 2016 (aged 89)|
|Occupation||Actor, voice actor, director|
|Relatives||Sergio Garrone (brother)|
Garrone began his acting career in 1949 and attended the Silvio d'Amico National Academy of Dramatic Arts. He made his debut in the film Adam and Eve directed by Mario Mattoli. He also worked in several theatre productions alongside other actors such as Vittorio Gassman, Diana Torrieri and Elena Zareschi.
Garrone often portrayed characters with persuasive, polite personalities in a variety of B movie comedies, spaghetti-westerns and horrors. In the 1980s, he made frequent stage collaborations with Antonella Steni and he made more appearances on television. One of his most popular television roles was on Un medico in famiglia in which he portrayed Nicola Solari. He also had a recurring role on Amico mio starring Massimo Dapporto.
Garrone also worked occasionally as a voice actor and dubber. He often dubbed characters in animated films. He was internationally renowned for providing the Italian voice of Lots-O'-Huggin' Bear in Toy Story 3.
Garrone was the younger brother of director Sergio Garrone. He retired in 2014.
Garrone died in Milan on 14 March 2016 at the age of 89.
- Two Nights with Cleopatra (1953)
- Woman of Rome (1954)
- Lazzarella (1957)
- Doctor and the Healer (1957)
- Fathers and Sons (1957)
- The Most Wonderful Moment (1957)
- My Wife's Enemy (1959)
- Nel blu dipinto di blu (1959)
- Ciao, ciao bambina! (1959)
- Gentlemen Are Born (1960)
- La Dolce Vita (1960)
- The Traffic Policeman (1960)
- The Warrior Empress (1960)
- Audace colpo dei soliti ignoti (1960)
- Girl with a Suitcase (1961)
- Captain Fracasse (1961)
- Swordsman of Siena (1962)
- Pontius Pilate (1962)
- The Legion's Last Patrol (1962)
- I Don Giovanni della Costa Azzurra (1962)
- The Reunion (1963)
- The Yellow Rolls-Royce (1964)
- The Seventh Floor (1967)
- How to Kill 400 Duponts (1967)
- The Killer Likes Candy (1968)
- Death Knocks Twice (1969)
- Oh, Grandmother's Dead (1969)
- La colomba non deve volare (1970)
- A Girl Called Jules (1970)
- A Girl in Australia (1971)
- Return of Halleluja (1972)
- The Cynic, the Rat and the Fist (1977)
- Rene the Cane (1977)
- Vacanze di Natale (1983)
- My First Forty Years (1987)
- Padre Pio: Between Heaven and Earth (2000)
- "Riccardo Garrone". cinematografo. Retrieved 14 March 2016.
- "È morto l'attore Riccardo Garrone, da Fellini agli spot una vita per lo spettacolo". lastampa. Retrieved 14 March 2016.
- "Riccardo Garrone's dubbing contributions". Antoniogenna.net. Retrieved 23 October 2018.
|This article about an Italian actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|