Rob Sheridan with How to Destroy Angels in 2013
|Born||October 11, 1979|
|Known for||Art director, graphic designer, writer, photographer|
|Notable work||The Slip
Sheridan attended art school at New York's Pratt Institute for one year before being hired at age 19 by Nine Inch Nails' Trent Reznor in 1999, on the merits of a Nine Inch Nails fansite he created during high school. He was initially hired to maintain the newly launched official Nine Inch Nails website. Since then he has taken over as art director for the band, contributing photography, web design, album covers, music videos, live tour visuals, and two live concert films. He was also credited for assisting Trent Reznor with the mythology of the alternate reality game built around Nine Inch Nails' 2007 album Year Zero.
Work with Nine Inch Nails
- Things Falling Apart (2000 album) – graphic designer
- And All That Could Have Been (2002 concert film) – director, editor, director of Photography
- "The Hand That Feeds" (2005 music video) – director, Editor
- With Teeth (2005 album) – art director
- Beside You In Time (2007 concert film) – director, editor, art director 
- "Survivalism" (2007 music video) – co-director
- Year Zero (2007 album) – art director
- Ghosts I-IV (2008 album) - art director
- The Slip (2008 album) - art director
- Lights In The Sky (2008 tour) - art director
- Pretty Hate Machine (2010 reissue) - art director
- Hesitation Marks (2013 album) - art director
- Twenty Thirteen (2013-14 tour) - art director
Work outside Nine Inch Nails
Recently Sheridan has been working with Trent Reznor on his other band How to Destroy Angels as the art director, and co-producing a miniseries for HBO based on Nine Inch Nails' 2007 Year Zero album/ARG. He also created the artwork/package for the soundtrack release of the Academy Award-winning and Golden Globe-winning score for The Social Network, composed by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross.
Sheridan has also become known for his illustration work. In 2007 he began posting artwork and releasing prints on his Sketchblog, which he described as "an exercise in creative discipline - an attempt to get myself to draw more and play around with images and ideas that wouldn't fit in my professional work."
In December 2008, in recognition for his work in Art Direction on the Ghosts I-IV box set, Sheridan was nominated for a Grammy award for "Best Box Set or Limited Edition Package" and in 2013 for The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.
- Biographical information from artist's portfolio: http://www.rob-sheridan.com, http://www.rob-sheridan.com/main.php#/ABOUT
- Sheridan was credited with "web integration" in the liner notes for the 1999 Nine Inch Nails album The Fragile.
- Projects listed in artist's portfolio: http://www.rob-sheridan.com
- Sheridan was credited with "world building" alongside Reznor in the liner notes for Year Zero. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1056593/otherworks
- Sheridan, Rob. "analog(one)". Rob Sheridan. Retrieved 7 June 2016.
- Sheridan, Rob. "the social network soundtrack art". Rob Sheridan. Retrieved 7 June 2016.
- Rob Sheridan at the Internet Movie Database
- Trent Reznor (2005-02-26). "Acces". nin.com. Retrieved 2008-02-01.
- Rob Sheridan (II) - Other works
- Reddit Q&A
- The Social Network gallery on rob-sheridan.com
- About SketchBlog
- "The 51st Annual Grammy Awards Nominations List - Best Boxed Or Special Limited Edition Package nominees". National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences. Retrieved 2009-02-08.