The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (June 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Occupation(s)||Composer, record producer, music director|
|Associated acts||Danny Diaz & The Checkmates|
Romeo Diaz (Chinese: 戴樂民) is a Filipino music composer, record producer and music director. He was one of the members of the popular band Danny Diaz & The Checkmates in Hong Kong in the 1960s along with his two brothers, Danny Diaz and Rudy Diaz.
Romeo Diaz began his musical career in the 1960s as a member of the Hong Kong pop group “The Diaz Brothers”. In the 1970 he started to compose for many singers in Hong Kong and Asia. In 1983 he became the resident musical director for EMI records in Hong Kong. In 1984 he started music production company, Musicad, that won a lot of awards for advertising campaigns throughout its operation. He has worked in close partnership with a composer and talk-show host, James Wong, and he has also collaborated with film directors such as Louis Ng, Tsui Hark, Zhang Yimou and John Woo. He has also won film awards for his work such as “Chinese Ghost Story” and “A Terra Cotta Warrior". He lives in Hong Kong.
- Music for the movie Fight and Love with a Terracotta Warrior in 1991
- Music for the movie Just Heroes (Chinese: 義膽群英) in 1989 with James Wong
- Music for the movie A Chinese Ghost Story (Chinese: 倩女幽魂) in 1987 with James Wong 
- Music for the movie Righting Wrongs (Chinese: 執法先鋒) in 1986
- Best Original Film Score for the film Fight and Love with a Terracotta Warrior at the 10th Hong Kong Film Awards
- Silver place of the Best Commercial Song Awards at the RTHK Top 10 Gold Songs Awards in 1991
Romeo Diaz has two children.
- Adam Diaz (Chinese: 戴乾亨) is a music composer arranger. record producer, and guitarist of Hong Kong local bands.
- Krystal Diaz (Chinese: 戴晶兒) is a singer songwriter and a Certified Level 2 vocal coach of [Speech Level Singing] (SLS) in Hong Kong.
- "Los Angeles Times: Archives: MOVIE REVIEW `Chinese Ghost Story' Tilts Toward Camp". pqasb.pqarchiver.com. Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 16 October 2016.
- Goodman, Walter (23 March 1988). "Review/Film; Sepulchral Seductress And a Taoist Warrior". The New York Times. Retrieved 16 October 2016.
|This article about a Filipino musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|