|Genres||Jazz, Jazz-funk, funk|
|Years active||2008 - 2009|
|Labels||Heads Up International|
SMV was a bass guitar supergroup formed in 2008. The group's name comes from the first initials of each of its members, Stanley Clarke, Marcus Miller, and Victor Wooten. The collaboration gained momentum when the three first played together at a concert held by Bass Player magazine in New York City in 2006, where Miller and Wooten joined on stage to present Clarke with the magazine's Lifetime Achievement Award. SMV's debut album, Thunder, was released on August 12, 2008, with a supporting world tour beginning the same month.
- Chris Jisi (July 2008). "Stanley Clarke, Marcus Miller & Victor Wooten Join Forces as SMV". Bass Player. Archived from the original on 5 January 2009. Retrieved 2008-09-13.
- "Marcus Miller News - June 7, 2008". Retrieved 2008-06-19.
- Official Website of Stanley Clarke
- Official Website of Marcus Miller
- Official Website of Victor Wooten
|This article on a United States band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|