This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Origin||Phoenix, Arizona, United States|
|Years active||1985–2000, 2006–present|
Metal Blade Records|
Enigma Records, Hollywood Records
The Human Condition
Phil Rind |
Sacred Reich is an American thrash metal band based in Phoenix, Arizona, that was formed in 1985. Singer/songwriter Phil Rind's interest was in socially conscious and political speed metal. After several albums on Metal Blade Records, they signed to Hollywood Records for a short stint, but later returned to Metal Blade to continue their musical career. The band split in 2000, but reunited in 2006. Sacred Reich has been credited, along with Testament, Destruction, Death Angel and Dark Angel, for leading the second wave of thrash metal movement in the late 1980s.
In November 2006, the band announced they would play several shows in the summer of 2007 in Europe, including Wacken Open Air. However, according to an interview with bassist/vocalist Phil Rind, there are no plans to record a new Sacred Reich album.
The band also contributed the Black Sabbath cover "Sweet Leaf" to the Hempilation: Freedom Is NORML compilation album to benefit NORML, and the Subhumans cover "The Big Picture" appears as the B-side of the "Open Book" promotional single. A three disk boxed set with remastered versions of Ignorance and Surf Nicaragua with additional bonus material, including the "Draining You of Life" demo tape and a live DVD, was originally slated for release in September 2005, but was released in Europe only in the summer of 2007 by Metal Blade Records. In the spring of 2017, the band announced their first North American tour in 21 years. 
In January 2018, Sacred Reich signed to Metal Blade Records and are at work on their next album, due for a tentative 2019 release.
- Phil Rind — vocals, bass (1985–2000, 2006–present)
- Jason Rainey — rhythm guitar (1985–2000, 2006–present)
- Wiley Arnett — lead guitar (1986–2000, 2006–present)
- Tim Radziwill — drums (2018–present)
- Greg Hall — drums (1985–1991, 1996–2000, 2006–2018)
- Dan Kelly — vocals (1985–1986)
- Jeff Martinek — guitar (1985–1986)
- Ray Nay — drums (1985)
- Mike Andre — bass (1985)
- Dave McClain — drums (1991–1995)
- Ignorance (1987)
- Surf Nicaragua (1988)
- The American Way (1990)
- Independent (1993)
- Heal (1996)
- Live at Wacken (2012)
- "Sacred Reich announces "30 Years of Ignorance" USA tour with Byzantine as support". metalblade.com. May 1, 2017. Retrieved November 19, 2017.
- "Sacred Reich Interview". lordsofmetal.nl. July–August 2007. Retrieved 2008-12-11.
- Pryor, Terrance. "Sacred Reich celebrate 30 years of 'Ignorance' with Byzantine this fall". AXS. Retrieved May 3, 2017.
- "SACRED REICH Signs With METAL BLADE; First Album In More Than Two Decades Due Next Year". Blabbermouth.net. Retrieved January 24, 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sacred Reich.|