|• Mayor (2001–2008)||Françoise Gossare|
|6 km2 (2 sq mi)|
|• Density||87/km2 (230/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+01:00 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+02:00 (CEST)|
|Elevation||77–168 m (253–551 ft) |
(avg. 165 m or 541 ft)
|1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km2 (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.|
Saint-Forget is a commune in the Yvelines department in the Île-de-France in north-central France. The commute consists of three hamlets: Le Mesnil-Sevin, Haute-Beauce, and The Sablons. This small town is located south of Yvelines, and is 30 kilometers from Paris. It is nestled in the heart of the Regional Natural Park of the Upper Chevreuse Valley. The homes of Saint-Forget consist of 179 main residences, 13 second or occasional homes and 20 vacant homes.
The commune contains a small town hall that currently offers tours and/or visits. This small commune also includes many sites of interest for a small tour, including the Castle of Mauvières and the Saint Gilles Saint Ferréol church, which includes medieval frescoes. The castle, which used to be a manor, dates back to the 17th and 18th centuries.
The commune located in Yvelines consists of three hamlets, or small settlements, that make up the majority of this small community.
- This hamlet is located on a plateau between Le Mesnil Saint Denis and Chevreus.
- This hamlet is almost adjacent to Dampierre-en-Yvelines, where the town hall is located. This area is more building-dense, with small roads throughout.
- The Sablons
- The Castle of Mauvières is located in this area, which is on the departmental 58 between Dampierre-en-Yvelines and Chevreuse. Also located here is the church of St. Gilles.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Saint-Forget.|
- "Populations légales 2016". INSEE. Retrieved 25 April 2019.
- "latest releases". National Institute of Statistics and Economic Studies. Retrieved February 2, 2013.
- "Welcome to Saint-Forget". https://www.saint-forget.fr/. Retrieved February 15, 2017. External link in
- "Town of Saint-Forget". http://www.map-france.com/. Retrieved February 15, 2018. External link in
|This Yvelines geographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|