Sevilla training with Betis in 2010
|Full name||Salvador Sevilla López|
|Date of birth||18 March 1984|
|Place of birth||Berja, Spain|
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|2004–2005||→ Atlético Madrid C (loan)|
|2005||→ Atlético Madrid B (loan)||1||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 19 August 2018|
Born in Berja, Province of Almería, Andalusia, Sevilla finished his formation with local Polideportivo Ejido. He made his professional debut on 12 October 2003, starting in a 2–2 away draw against Ciudad de Murcia for the Segunda División championship.
In his first year with the Verdiblancos, Sevilla contributed with three goals in 33 matches to help his team return to La Liga after a two-year absence. He made his top flight debut on 27 August 2011, starting in a 1–0 win at Granada CF.
Sevilla scored his first goal in the Spanish top tier on 18 September 2011, netting through a penalty kick in a 3–2 away success over Athletic Bilbao. His second came in the same fashion against Real Zaragoza (4–3 win, home), and he finished the campaign with 19 starts and 1,446 minutes of action to help Betis retain its league status.
On 13 March 2014, in only his seventh career game in the UEFA Europa League, Sevilla came on as a second-half substitute for Rubén Castro in the round-of-16 tie against former club Sevilla FC, and netted the last goal in the 2–0 away win. He signed a three-year contract with RCD Espanyol as a free agent in the summer, scoring the first goal of 2015–16 which was the game's only at home against Getafe CF.
- Calado evita el triunfo del Ciudad de Murcia (Calado avoids Ciudad de Murcia triumph); Mundo Deportivo, 13 October 2003 (in Spanish)
- Salva Sevilla, tercer fichaje 'charro' (Salva Sevilla, third charro signing); Marca, 10 July 2008 (in Spanish)
- El Real Unión pierde frente al Salamanca en una batalla por evitar el descenso (3–0) (Real Unión lose against Salamanca in relegation battle (3–0)); El Mundo, 30 May 2010 (in Spanish)
- El Betis ficha a Salva Sevilla por cuatro temporadas (Betis sign Salva Sevilla for four seasons); Diario AS, 3 July 2010 (in Spanish)
- Granada 0–1 Real Betis Archived 26 February 2014 at the Wayback Machine.; ESPN FC, 27 August 2011
- El Betis sabe a lo que juega (Betis got game); Marca, 19 September 2011 (in Spanish)
- El Betis se pone líder (4–3) (Betis reach first place (4–3)); Diario de Sevilla, 23 September 2011 (in Spanish)
- Impressive Betis take control against Sevilla; UEFA, 13 March 2014
- Salva Sevilla ficha por el Espanyol (Salva Sevilla signs for Espanyol); Marca, 25 June 2014 (in Spanish)
- Salva Sevilla ilumina el debut del Espanyol (Salva Sevilla lights up Espanyol's debut); Marca, 22 August 2015 (in Spanish)
- El Real Mallorca ficha a Salva Sevilla (Real Mallorca sign Salva Sevilla); RCD Mallorca, 28 August 2017 (in Spanish)
- "Equipo revelación, con un canterano celeste" [The revelation team, with a celeste youth graduate] (in Spanish). Ideal. 8 March 2008. Retrieved 22 August 2018.
- José Antonio Sevilla at BDFutbol. Retrieved 21 August 2018.