|Associated acts||Born Against, Men's Recovery Project, Wrangler Brutes|
Sam McPheeters (born 1969 Lorain, Ohio) is an American artist, journalist, novelist, and performer. Raised in Albany, New York, he became a published author at age 12, with Travelers' Tales, a collection of regional folklore. In 1985, McPheeters grew active with the hardcore punk scene, producing several fanzines and organizing local concerts. After moving to New York City in 1987, he co-founded Born Against in 1989 and the Vermiform Records label in 1990. In 1993, he co-founded the Virginia-based band Men's Recovery Project, and in 2003, he co-founded the Los Angeles-based band Wrangler Brutes.
Starting in 2005, McPheeters has written for a variety of national magazines, including the Chicago Reader, Huffington Post, the OC Weekly, Vice, and the Village Voice. In 2012, his first novel, The Loom Of Ruin, was published through Los Angeles-based Mugger Books and received positive reviews. He lives in Pomona, California.
In 2016, Talos Press release McPheeters' second novel, Exploded View.
- (1981) Travelers Tales
- (2012) The Loom Of Ruin
- (2016) Exploded View
- Fear of Smell (1993)
- Feer of Smell (1998)
- Sam McPheeters / The Catholic Church (1998)
with Born Against
- Born Against (1990)
- Nine Patriotic Hymns for Children
- Battle Hymns of the Race War (1993)
- Suckerpunch split
- Screeching Weasel split (1993)
- Universal Order of Armageddon split (1993)
- Man Is The Bastard split (1994)
- Murders Among Us (1990)
- Our Voice, Pro Choice
- Give Me Back (1991)
- The Dignity of Human Being is Vulnerable
- God's Chosen People
- False Object Sensor
with Men's Recovery Project
- Frank Talk About Humans (1994)
- Botanica Mysteria (1996)
- Grappling with the Homonids (1998)
- Golden Triumph of Naked Hostility (1998)
- Resist The New Way (1999)
- Boldies over Basra (2000)
- The Very Best of Men's Recovery Project (2005)
with Wrangler Brutes
- Tour 7"
- Zulu (2004)
- “Traveler’s Tales Beginning Of Their Road” Times Record, Oct. 9, 1981
- Kott, Paul. "Born Against". AllMusic. Retrieved 27 December 2015.
- Raymer, Miles (11 April 2012). "A Q&A with Sam McPheeters". Chicago Reader. Retrieved 27 December 2015.
- Lapin, Joseph (9 April 2012). "Sam McPheeters, of the '90s Punk Band Born Against, on His Bizarre Novel About L.A.'S Angriest Chevron Owner". LA Weekly. Retrieved 27 December 2015.
- “Sam McPheeters, from punk’s Wrangler Brutes to a new novel, ‘Loom of Ruin’”, The Washington Post, April 20, 2012
- Carlson, Zack (21 March 2012). "Book Review: The Loom of Ruin". Birth.Movies.Death. Retrieved 27 December 2015.
- Galligan, Jan (8 June 2012). "Book Review: The Loom of Ruin, a Novel by Sam McPheeters". FileMagazine. Retrieved 27 December 2015.
- "Exploded View is Twisted, Terrifying, Savagely Funny Cyberpunk". The B&N Sci-Fi and Fantasy Blog. 2016-10-20. Retrieved 2016-10-30.
|This article about a United States rock singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|