|Elevation||227 m (745 ft)|
|• Total||2.5 lakhs|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|ISO 3166 code||IN-HR|
Samalkha is a town/tehsil and a municipal committee in Panipat district in the Indian state of Haryana. Industries in the town include cast iron (fodder-cutting machines), nuts and bolts, iron rods (Saria) and bathroom fittings manufacture.
Samalkha has an average elevation of 227 metres (745 ft). It is situated on GT road, 19 km (11.7 miles) south of Panipat, 72 kilometres (45 mi) from the capital Delhi, 136 km (84 miles) south of Ambala and 178 km (110 miles) southwest of Chandigarh, the state capital.
As of 2001[update] India census, Samalkha had a population of 29,974. Males constitute 55% of the population and females 45%. Samalkha has an average literacy rate of 78%, higher than the national average of 61.5%: male literacy is 78%, and female literacy is 69%. In Samalkha, 20% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Samalkha take position of ward no 5 in panipat City. It has a big grain, jaggery and wood markets, one of the largest markets in north India and Haryana(India). Samalkha has a large market starting from old bus stand/GT road to railway station about 1 km. have some prominent companies in Polymer & Bath Fittings. Samalkha is best place for business because there is better connectivity with other parts of country being on G.T road (NH-1), New Delhi to Amtritsar along with Railway Line. It also receives a high inflow of customers from neighbouring district like Baghpat of Uttar Pradesh.
- Nestle India Ltd, situated on Patikalyana-Kiwana Road.
- Haryana Organics Bear Factory, situated on Chulkana-Samalkha Road
- Jai Hind Iron Foundry, situated on GT Road Samalkha
- Shri Tirupati Steels, situated on HSIIDC Road Samalkha
- Aggarwal cycle workes
- Adarsh College of Education, Dehra
- Gandhi Adrash College, Chulkana Road
- Vaish Girls College
- Tau Devi Lal College of Education, Manana
- Samalkha Group of Institutions, Hathwala Road
- Modern College of Education, Dehra
- Paradise College of Education, 4th Mile Stone, Hathwala Road
- PANIPAT INSTITUTE OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY, NEAR PATTIKALYANA, N.H. 1
- Chandan Bal Vikas Public School,Samalkha,Near Power House
- Govt. High School, Bhodwal Majri (भोडवाल माजरी)
- K.R. Vidhya Mandir, Bhodwal Majri (भोडवाल माजरी)
- Geeta High School Bhodwal Majri(भोडवाल माजरी)
- Bright Carrier Public School, Garhi Chhaju
- Guru Ravidas Public School G.T. Road Samalkha-132101
- Paradise Public School, 4th Mile Stone, Hathwala Road, Samalkha (founded in 2000)
- Gandhi Smarak Nidhi Public School, Swadhyay Ashram, Pattikalyana (founded in 1963)
- Maharaja Agrasen Public School, Samalkha (founded in 2000)
- Himgiri Public School, Samalkha (founded in 1997)
- Vaish Sr Sec School, Samalkha
- Geeta Sr Sec School, Samalkha (founded in 1999)
- Government High School, Dhodpur
- Arya Sr. Sec. Shikshaw Sadan School Atta
- Saraswati Sr Sec School, Samalkha (founded in 1986)
- Saraswati Sr Sec School, Samalkha (founded in 1994)
- Vaish Kanya Sr Sec School, Samalkha
- Govt. Sr. Sec School Samalkha.
- Delhi Public School (DPS) Panipat city, Samalkha
- Paradise Public School(PPS), 4th Mile Stone, Hathwala Road, Samalkha
- Ganesh Memorial High School, Near Power House, G.T. Road, Samalkha.
- Siddhartha International School (founded in 1994) on G.T. Road, Samalkha
- D.A.V.Public School, Samalkha
- Asha Deep Sr. Sec. School, Pawti Road, Samalkha
- Hare Krishna International School, Gari Chaju Road, Samalkha
- Mother India Sr. Sec. School in SAHARMALPUR
- Holy Heart Junior Sports School, near I.T.I Samalkha
- Govt Sr Secondary School Jaurasi
- S.V.B.P. Public School, Chulkana Road near Chulkana
- Kidzee Zee Pre School, near Gulati Road
- Haryana Sr. Sec. School, Samalkha
- SJS International School, Dikadla Road, Samalkha
- Chavan Rishi Modern High School, Chulkana
- Jeevan Shala, Rakeshera
- Jeevan Shala, Hathwala
- Bethany convent school,samalkha,hathwala road
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 16 June 2004. Retrieved 1 November 2008.