|Directed by||Ravi C Kumar|
|Produced by||R. R. Venkat|
|Written by||Ravi C Kumar dialogues|
|Screenplay by||Ravi C Kumar|
|Story by||Ravi C Kumar|
|Music by||Vandemataram Srinivas|
|Cinematography||Vijay C. Kumar|
|Edited by||K.V Krishna Reddy|
R.R. Movie Makers
Samanyudu (Telugu: సామాన్యుడు) (English: Common Man) is a 2006 Telugu film directed by Ravi C Kumar and produced by Venkat. The film stars Jagapati Babu, Kamna Jethmalani and Sai Kumar in the lead roles. This film won Nandi Award for Best Story Writer, Nandi Award for Best Villain and Filmfare Best Supporting Actor Award (Telugu).
Chandrasekhar (Ranganath) is the editor of a daily called Addam. As he was ready to expose the misdeeds and corrupt practices of Home Minister Bhagawan Raj (Sai Kumar) the latter hangs him to death with the help of his henchman Lingam Goud (Vinodkumar). Chandu (Jagapati Babu), Abhi (Arunkumar) and Aparna (Archana) were orphans and were brought up by Chandrasekhar. They go to high positions and stay abroad. But they return to India to continue the legacy of Chandrasekhar and run Addam.Chandrasekhar wishes not to cause physical harm to the crooked politicians but they should be made unpopular. So Chandu takes over the editor's job and prepares a plan to catch the political red handed.As a first step they catch Vaishnavi Bank chairman Rajareddy (Ashokkumar) who declares insolvency in order to loot the people and expose him. During the course, the trio comes to know that Bhagawan Raj is part of the scam.Based on a video and audio, Chandu starts blackmailing Bhagawan Raj and makes him to spend the money he earned through scams for the benefit of people, as part of fulfilling his election promises. Meanwhile, Chandu falls in love with Vandana (Kamna Jethmalani), the sister of Lingam Goud. As the recording had the mention of Lingam Goud's name, he could not do any harm to Chandu. However, there was a black sheep among the trio. It is none other than Aparna, who wants to take revenge against Chandrasekhar as he was responsible for the death of her parents and sister. She joins hands with Bhagawan Raj and helps in the murder of Chandrasekhar. She is out to ensure the closure of Addam newspaper.Finally, Bhagawan Raj realises that the real happiness in life lies in working for the welfare of the people. After the self-introspection, Bhagawan Raj kills Aparna and decides to commit suicide. But Chandu stops him saying that the people need a politician who realized his mistakes.
- Jagapati Babu as Chandra
- Kamna Jethmalani as Vandana
- Sai Kumar as Bhagawan Raj
- Vinod Kumar as Kotilingam Lingam Goud
- Dasari Arun Kumar as Abhi
- Rajiv Kanakala as Das
- Archana as Aparna
- M. Balayya as CM Veda Prakash
- M. S. Narayana as Narayana
- Ahuti Prasad as Commissioner Kalyan
- Ranganath as Chandra Shekar
- Raghunath Reddy as Ramunujam
- Benarjee as ACP Kondal Rao
- Chintu as Patnaik
- Rami Reddy as MLA Ramu Yadav
- Narra Venkateswara Rao as MLA Naidu
- CVL Narasimha Rao as Aparna's father
- Sathanna as MLA Ratnakar
- Ashok Kumar as Bank Chairman Raja Reddy
- Duvvasi Mohan as Bhagawan's P.A. Narasimha
- Jenny as Dr. Devadinam
- Sujitha as Lakshmi
- Satya Krishnan as Vidya
- Subhanini as Narayana's wife
- Mumaith Khan as Item number
- Master Karthik as Young Chandra
- Master Nikhil as Young Abhi
- Baby Greeshma as Young Aparna
- Baby Harshita as Bindu
|Film score by Vandemataram Srinivas|
|Vandemataram Srinivas chronology|
|1.||"Tara Rara"||Kaluva Krishna Sai||Naveen, Suchitra||4:10|
|2.||"Maghuva Premalo"||Kaluva Krishna Sai||Naveen, Chitra, Sriramprabhu||3:41|
|3.||"Yemere Dilke"||Kaluva Krishna Sai||Sonu Kakkar||4:52|
|4.||"Endira Bavamaridi"||Raju||Vandemataram Srinivas||3:53|
|5.||"Veedu Yama"||Kaluva Krishna Sai||Sunidhi Chauhan||4:50|
|6.||"Samanyudu Theme"||Kaluva Krishna Sai||Nihal||1:54|
The film has completed a 100-day run at the box-office on January 26, 2007. The makers of the film held a function at Raavi Narayana Reddy Auditorium in Hyderabad on January 31, 2007. V. B. Rajendra Prasad, T. Subbarami Reddy, APSP DIG Gopinath Reddy, D. Ramanaidu, Srikanth and Uday Kiran attended this event.
|Award||Category||Recipients and nominees||Outcome|
|Nandi Awards||Nandi Award for Best Story Writer||Ravi C Kumar||Won|
|Nandi Award for Best Villain||Sai Kumar||Won|
|Filmfare Awards||Filmfare Best Supporting Actor Award (Telugu)||Sai Kumar||Won|
- "Samanyudu - Telugu cinema Review - Jagapati Babu & Kamna Jetmalani". idlebrain.com. 2006-10-19. Retrieved 2012-08-04.
- "2006 Nandi Awards for Individual excellence - Telugu Movie News". IndiaGlitz. 2008-11-17. Retrieved 2012-08-04.
- "Movies : Movie Tidbits : Filmfare Awards presented". Telugucinema.com. Retrieved 2012-08-04.
- "'Samanyudu' 100-day Function". cinegoer.net. Retrieved May 24, 2013.