Sunset on Sampieri's beach
|Elevation||10 m (30 ft)|
|Demonym(s)||Sampiruoti / Sampieroti|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
|Dialing code||(+39) 0932|
The village is located by the Mediterranean Coast, between Cava d'Aliga (3 km west) and Marina di Modica (4 km east). It is 10 km from Scicli, 11 from Pozzallo, 12 from Donnalucata, 22 from Marina di Ragusa and Ispica, 25 from Modica and Rosolini, and 38 from Ragusa. Sampieri railway station, located just outside the village, is part of the Canicattì-Gela-Ragusa-Syracuse railway.
The Fornace Penna, a brickyard built in 1909 in the locality Pisciotto, represents an industrial archaeological monument. With the fictional name of Mànnara, the furnace was filmed in several episodes of the Italian TV series Inspector Montalbano.
- (in Italian) Sampieri on italia.indettaglio.it
- (in Italian)History of Sampieri (sampieri.it)
- 355548852 Sampieri on OpenStreetMap
- 914387099 Sampieri railway station on OpenStreetMap
- (in Italian) Pisciotto (sampieri.it)
- (in Italian) "Scicli, the furnace of Montalbano searcing for a new life". Corriere della Sera
- "The Fornace Penna of Montalbano". La Sicilia
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sampieri.|