This article possibly contains original research. (March 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Municipality of Sanchez Mira|
|Motto: Dur-As Sanchez Mira!|
Map of Cagayan with Sanchez-Mira highlighted
|Region||Cagayan Valley (Region II)|
|Barangays||18 (see Barangays)|
|• Type||Sangguniang Bayan|
|• Mayor||Asela B. Sacramed|
|• Electorate||14,533 voters (2016)|
|• Total||198.80 km2 (76.76 sq mi)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||120/km2 (320/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)78|
|Climate type||tropical monsoon climate|
|Income class||3rd municipal income class|
It is approximately 157 kilometres (98 mi) from Tuguegarao, the capital city of Cagayan and the Regional Capital of the Cagayan Valley Region (Region 02). Lying on a latitude of 18 degrees, 34 minutes north and a longitude of 121 degrees, 14 minutes east, the municipality is bounded on the north by the Babuyan Channel; on the south by the municipality of Luna, Apayao; on the east by the municipality of Pamplona, Cagayan; and on the west by the municipality of Claveria, Cagayan.
Formerly called Malolokit (a barrio in ancient Pamplona meaning "Nagsisiraan"), the name "Sanchez Mira" was given in honor of Manuel Sanchez Mira, a Spanish Brigadier General assigned in the Cagayan Valley.
Sanchez-Mira is politically subdivided into 18 barangays.
- Centro I
- Centro II
- San Andres
|Population census of Sanchez-Mira|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
In the 2015 census, the population of Sanchez-Mira was 24,541 people, with a density of 120 inhabitants per square kilometre or 310 inhabitants per square mile.
- "Municipality". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Province: Cagayan". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region II (Cagayan Valley)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region II (Cagayan Valley)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Census of Population (1995, 2000 and 2007). "Region II (Cagayan Valley)". Total Population by Province, City and Municipality. NSO. Archived from the original on 24 June 2011.
- "Province of Cagayan". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.