Sanjiv N. Sahai
Sanjiv N. Sahai (IAS) is the MD and CEO of Delhi Integrated Multi-Modal Transit System (DIMTS) Ltd., an urban transport and infrastructure development company.
Sanjiv Sahai was born in Bhagalpur, Bihar and spent his childhood in Jamshedpur where he did his schooling from Loyola School. He moved to Delhi for his graduation and studied History (Hons) from Hindu College. He has a Masters in Public Policy from Princeton University, USA wherein he focussed on Economic Policy.
Sanjiv Sahai started his career with Tata Administrative Service and then went on to join the Indian Administrative Service (IAS) in 1986. Over the years he has served on a number of positions, including five years in the Indian Prime Minister’s Office where he was closely associated, amongst others, with development of road and transport infrastructure. In 2004, he was the Chairman and MD of Delhi Transport Corporation, while also serving as the Secretary-cum-Commissioner Transport for Delhi Government. Later in 2005 he was appointed as the Chairman of the Chandigarh Housing Board by the Union Ministry of Home Affairs.
In 2007 he was nominated by IDFC to lead DIMTS  as is its MD & CEO. Delhi Integrated Multi-Modal Transit System Ltd. (DIMTS) is an urban transport and infrastructure development company with equal equity from the Government of National Capital Territory of Delhi (GNCTD) and the IDFC Foundation  (a not-for-profit initiative of Infrastructure Development Finance Company Limited). Under his leadership, the company has grown in capability, credibility and revenue. It has developed expertise to provide concept to commissioning transport consultancy services. From advisory services, transport planning and modelling, traffic engineering, project management consultancy, intelligent transport systems solutions and services to operations and management of assets, DIMTS offers solutions for all aspects of a project.
Some of the most prestigious transport related projects in Delhi are being done by DIMTS. These include the management of operation of the orange coloured Delhi Transit buses, the re-development of the ISBT at Kashmere Gate, the implementation of the automatic vehicle locations system in all buses and public service vehicles, the operation of the BRT corridor among others. In Ahmedabad the restoration and repair of signalized intersections and up-gradation of signalling control room for the BRT corridor is being done by DIMTS while in Ethiopia the company is working on a feasibility and operational planning study of BRT B2 corridor.
Sanjiv Sahai has also been closely associated with cause of promoting public transport in the city and has undertaken several initiatives in this regard. He has published several papers on the subject of public transport and sustainable development of cities and is also a frequent speaker at both national and international symposiums. Under his guidance the company has brought a mobile app that allows bus users to find out what time their bus will arrive at a bus stop. Called the Delhi Transit Bus Info app, it provides public with real time data on the buses and thus seeks to make bus travel a more reliable experience. Another mobile app, Tell Tail has been developed as a security app that lets individuals reach out to their friends and family in emergency situations on the press of a button
- Governor’s Gold Medal for outstanding service in Arunachal Pradesh
- Asia Pacific HRM Congress Awards’ CEO with HR Orientation Award 2013 by Institute of Public Enterprises (IPE)
- Sreevatsan, Ajai (11 October 2011). "Multi-modal integration key for Metro rail". The Hindu. Retrieved 25 February 2014.
- "RSM Fellowships Program". Web.worldbank.org. 2013-05-14. Retrieved 2014-01-27.
- "Princeton University - Home". Princeton.edu. Archived from the original on 2014-01-26. Retrieved 2014-01-27.
- Kalra, Aparna (22 February 2014). "When CAG is at your door, negotiate". Business Standard. Retrieved 25 February 2014.
- "S. N. Sahai is CHB chief". Chandigarh: The Tribune. 21 April 2005. Retrieved 25 February 2014.
- "Welcome to Delhi Integrated Multi Modal Transit System Ltd". Dimts.in. Retrieved 2014-01-27.
- "IDFC Foundation - Financial Services and Infrastructure Development". Idfc.com. Retrieved 2014-01-27.
- "Asia Pacific HRM Congress 2013". Asiapacifichrmcongress.com. 2013-09-06. Archived from the original on 2013-09-22. Retrieved 2014-01-27.