Praça da Viscondessa dos Olivais, in the old part of Olivais
|• Total||8.09 km2 (3.12 sq mi)|
|• Density||4,200/km2 (11,000/sq mi)|
Olivais (Portuguese pronunciation: [oliˈvajʃ], before 2012: Santa Maria dos Olivais) is an urban civil parish in the municipality of Lisbon, Portugal. The population in 2011 was 33,788, in an area of 8.09 km². In 2012 part of the parish was joined to the new parish Parque das Nações.
Local landmarks include the Palácio do Contador-Mor, a pedagogic farm, Casa da Fonte do Anjo, Quinta da Bica, Quinta da Fonte do Anjo, Capela da Quinta da Fonte do Anjo.
The parish was created in 1397, probably resulting in the division of a part of Beato (to the south) and Sacavém (to the north). Between 1852 and 1886 Santa Maria dos Olivais formed a large municipality, predominantly rural, including 22 civil parishes.
In 1864 it occupied a surface of approximately 223 km2 and had a population of 25,495, and of 29,491, in 1878.
With the 2012 administrative reform, the parish name was reduced from Santa Maria dos Olivais to Olivais.
- Instituto Nacional de Estatística (INE), Census 2011 results according to the 2013 administrative division of Portugal
- Direção-Geral do Território
- "Estatutos TAP". TAP Portugal. Retrieved on 23 February 2010. "A sede da sociedade é em Lisboa, no Edificio 25, no Aeroporto de Lisboa."
- "Contact Us". TAP Portugal. Retrieved on 15 December 2011. "AEROPORTO DE LISBOA / LISBON AIRPORT ED. 25 - R/C DTO / BUILDING 25 - Ground Floor (right side) 1704-801 LISBOA"
- Diário de Notícias newspaper. "List of new parishes" (pdf) (in Portuguese). Retrieved 27 October 2013.
- Santa Maria dos Olivais (Portuguese)
|This Lisbon location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|