||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (August 2009)|
|Genres||Technical death metal,
melodic death metal, thrash metal
|Years active||1994-2009 (hiatus)|
|Labels||Listenable, War Music|
|Associated acts||Mnemic, Soilwork, Phazm, One-Way Mirror|
|Past members||Pierrick Valence
Scarve was formed in 1994 by rhythm guitarist Patrick Martin and drummer Dirk Verbeuren, the latter of whom later joined Soilwork. Their 2004 album, Irradiant features a contribution from Meshuggah guitarist Fredrik Thordendal on the track, "Asphyxiate."
Vocalist departures and The Undercurrent
In October 2006, it was announced that Guillaume Bideau had left Scarve during the recording of The Undercurrent in order to take over as lead singer in the Danish industrial metal band Mnemic. His session replacement was announced to be ex-Darkane singer, Lawrence Mackrory (who provided vocals on the album Rusted Angel).
Following the release of The Undercurrent, on June 4, Pierrick Valence announced that he was leaving Scarve to focus on his other band, Phazm. On April 22, 2007, The band posted a message on their Myspace account saying that they were still looking for a vocalist.
In May 2009, the band revealed their new vocalist, Lawrence Mackrory, who sung on The Undercurrent and their next album. Dirk said on their Myspace blog "We're all very proud and happy to have Lawrence in our ranks, and extremely excited to bring you, our fans, a whole new collection of blasting futuristic death metal!"
Scarve has been on an unofficial hiatus since 2009, and have not performed live since 2007. Dirk Verbeuran and Sylvain Coudret currently perform with Soilwork, while Loïc Colin recently joined American death metal band Solium Fatalis, which also features current members of Cryptopsy.
- Lawrence Mackrory (Darkane) – vocals (2007, 2009–present)
- Patrick Martin – rhythm guitar (1994–present)
- Sylvain Coudret (Soilwork) – lead guitar (1994–present)
- Loïc Colin – bass guitar (2001–present)
- Dirk Verbeuren (Soilwork) – drums (1994–present)
- Alain Germonville – co-lead vocals (1998-2001)
- Guillaume Bideau (Mnemic) – co-lead vocals (1994-2006)
- Pierrick Valence – co-lead vocals (2001-2007)
- Fred Bartolomucci – vocals (1994-1998)
- Philipe Elter – bass guitar (1998-2001)
- David Fioraso – bass guitar (1994-1997)
- Julien Thibers - bass guitar (1997-1998)
- Gilles Delecroix - drums (2007)
- Butcho Vukovic - vocals (2007)
- Benoit Antonia - guitar (2004)
- Six Tears of Sorrow (1996, self-released)
- Translucence (2000, War Music)
- Luminiferous (2002, Listenable Records)
- Irradiant (2004, Listenable Records)
- The Undercurrent (2007, Listenable Records)