|Date of birth||28 August 1987|
|Place of birth||Nausori, Fiji|
|Height||1.89 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|Weight||98 kg (15 st 6 lb; 216 lb)|
|Rugby union career|
Lance corporal Semesa Rokoduguni (born 28 August 1987) is a Fijian-born English rugby union player currently playing for English club Bath, and soldier in the British Army, having served in Afghanistan.
Lytchett Minster RFC
Roko joined LMRFC in Feb 2008 while training with the army at Bovington camp.
Roko played for just over a season playing in the centre where he scored many tries and helped the club gain promotion to Hampshire 1
Rokoduguni has represented the Army Rugby Union XV, and German Rugby-Bundesliga team DRC Hannover. He represented the army twice in the 2011-2012 season, scoring four tries against the RAF and three against the Navy.
He has also represented the Army Sevens team in the Middlesex Sevens and the International Defence Sevens, the latter of which was won by the Army.
Rokoduguni made his debut for the Bath senior team on 10 November 2012, in their LV= Cup match against Newport Gwent Dragons. He scored a try after just 9 minutes, and finished the game with two tries.
On 8 November 2014, Rokoduguni made his Test debut for England, losing to New Zealand 21-24 as part of the 2014 Autumn Internationals. He was the first serving British soldier to play for England since Tim Rodber in 1999. He was recently called up into the England Rugby World Cup Squad, after David Strettle completed his move to French-based side Clermont.
Rokoduguni is a reconnaissance tank soldier of the Royal Scots Dragoon Guards in the British Army. He joined the Army in 2007 and was deployed to Afghanistan as part of Operation Herrick in 2011 where he was attached to 4th Battalion, The Royal Regiment of Scotland (4SCOTS).
His great-great-grandfather, great-grandfather and father all served in the military.
- "Bath Rugby Official Website - 1st XV squad - Semesa Rokoduguni".
- Jason Le Miere (6 November 2014). "New Zealand Vs. England Rugby 2014: Live Stream Details, Preview And Kickoff Time For Saturday's International". IBT. Retrieved 7 November 2014.
- "Army star joins Bath Rugby" (Press release). 26 Oct 2012.
- "BBC Sport - LV= Cup: Bath 36-15 Newport Gwent Dragons". BBC Sport.
- "England Saxons make Bath's army man Semesa Rokoduguni a new recruit - Sport - The Guardian". Retrieved 2014-01-17.
- "Semesa Rokoduguni England debut". ESPN scrum. 8 November 2014.
- Ben Dirs (6 November 2014). "Semesa Rokoduguni: Fijian British Army soldier answers England call". BBC Sport.
- "Soldier to play for the England Rugby team". http://www.army.mod.uk/news/26607.aspx. 6 November 2014. Retrieved 11 November 2014. External link in