Semic Press is a publishing company owned by the Swedish Bonnier Group, and for a long time Sweden's largest comic book publisher through the purchase of competing publishers Centerförlaget 1969 and Williams förlag 1975. One popular title was Bobo. In 1997, the comics division of Semic Press was sold to the Danish media house Egmont.
Semic continues to exist as Bokförlaget Semic, but generally does not publish comics. The publication of graphic novels is done through the imprint Kartago förlag, a company that Bonnier bought from the Norwegian publisher Schibsted and placed as an entity within Semic in January, 2010.
- Egmont Gruppen, Store norske leksikon
- Peter Nilsson: "Egmont köper Semic", Bild & Bubbla #1/1997)
- "Bonnierförlagen köper Kartago", Seriefrämjandet, 23 Dec 2009.
- Semic - official homepage (English)
- Semic Press - article on Phantomwiki (English)
- Semic - article on Seriewikin, (Swedish)
- Semic - article on ComicWiki.dk (Danish)
|This article about a publishing company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|