|Full name||Sergio Horacio Egea Rueda|
|Date of birth||21 September 1957|
|Place of birth||Necochea, Argentina|
|Playing position||Centre back|
|1979–1980||Deportivo La Coruña||0||(0)|
|1995–1997||Real Madrid B|
|2001–2005||Pumas UNAM (assistant)|
|2017-||Pumas UNAM (Interim)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.|
Born in Necochea, Egea graduated from Estudiantes de La Plata's youth setup, after a stint with Cruz de Necochea. He made his debuts as a senior with South Africa's Lusitano FC, before moving to Spain.
After another stint at CD Toledo, Hércules CF and Real Valladolid B, Egea started working with Hugo Sánchez, being his assistant at Pumas UNAM, Club Necaxa, the Mexican national team and UD Almería, only leaving in 2009.
On 13 June 2015, after being crowned champions of Segunda División B and taking the side back to Segunda División after a 12-year absence, Egea renewed his contract with the Asturians for a further year. On 14 March of the following year, despite his side being third-placed, he resigned alleging "personal reasons".
- "El River de Labruna nacía en Necochea" [River de Labruna was born in Necochea] (in Spanish). Ecos Diarios. 10 February 2015. Retrieved 14 July 2015.
- "La Gramenet se mide al Real Madrid de Egea" [Gramenet faces Egea's Real Madrid] (in Spanish). El Mundo Deportivo. 23 August 1995. Retrieved 14 July 2015.
- "Egea y Aguilar, nuevos técnicos" [Egea and Aguilar, new managers] (in Spanish). El Mundo Deportivo. 14 June 1997. Retrieved 14 July 2015.
- "Sergio Egea será el entrenador del Hércules la próxima temporada" [Sergio Egea will be Hércules' manager in the following season] (in Spanish). El Mundo Deportivo. 1 May 1998. Retrieved 14 July 2015.
- "El Valladolid B ficha a Sergio Egea" [Valladolid B signs Sergio Egea] (in Spanish). El Mundo Deportivo. 15 December 1999. Retrieved 14 July 2015.
- "Hugo Sánchez y Sergio Egea, la pareja que fracasó separada" [Hugo Sánchez and Sergio Egea, the duo who failed apart] (in Spanish). Goal.com. 8 March 2013. Retrieved 14 July 2015.
- "Con un toque “macho”… Llega Egea a Altamira" [With a "manly" touch... Egea arrives at Altamira] (in Spanish). Extremo Deportivo. 23 April 2012. Retrieved 14 July 2015.
- "Altamira cesa al técnico argentino Sergio Egea" [Altamira sacks Argentine manager Sergio Egea] (in Spanish). Sipse. 4 March 2013. Retrieved 14 July 2015.
- "El exherculano Sergio Egea entrenará al Eldense" [Former herculano Sergio Egea will manage Eldense] (in Spanish). La Verdad. 13 February 2014. Retrieved 14 July 2015.
- "Sergio Egea, nuevo entrenador del Real Oviedo" [Sergio Egea, new manager of Real Oviedo] (in Spanish). Oviedo's official website. 6 July 2014. Retrieved 7 July 2014.
- "Sergio Egea renueva como entrenador del Real Oviedo" [Sergio Egea renews as manager of Real Oviedo] (in Spanish). Marca. 13 June 2015. Retrieved 14 July 2015.
- "Comunicado oficial" [Official statement] (in Spanish). Oviedo's official website. 13 March 2016. Retrieved 19 March 2016.
- "Lauren, hijo del técnico Sergio Egea, novedad en la convocatoria del Hércules" [Lauren, son of manager Sergio Egea, novelty in Hércules' call-up] (in Spanish). ABC. 28 March 2014. Retrieved 14 July 2015.
- "Alexis Egea debutaría de la mano de su padre Sergio ante Rayos" [Alexis Egea would debut in the hands of his father Sergio against Rayos] (in Spanish). Once Titular. 8 January 2013. Retrieved 14 July 2015.