|The Liberals – Sgarbi|
|I Liberal – Sgarbi|
|National affiliation||House of Freedoms (2000-06)|
|European Parliament group||No MEPs|
|Politics of Italy
The party was founded in March 1999 by Vittorio Sgarbi, a member of the Chamber of Deputies first elected in 1992 with the Italian Liberal Party, who later joined Forza Italia (1994), the Federalist Party (1995) and the Pannella-Sgarbi List (1996). In the 1999 European Parliament election, thanks to a new electoral pact with Forza Italia, Sgarbi was elected to the European Parliament and served there for two years. In 2001 he was re-elected to the Chamber of Deputies for Forza Italia.
In the 2004 European Parliament election the party formed a joint list with the Italian Republican Party, gainining 0.7% and no MEPs. In 2006 general election, it sided with the centre-left The Union coalition and was part of the Consumers' List, along with the Southern Democratic Party, but Sgarbi failed to be re-elected. In the same year's municipal election of Milan the party supported Letizia Moratti, who was elected mayor for the House of Freedoms coalition.
- "Sgarbi tiene a battesimo la lista "liberal" Alle europee con Grauso e alcuni radicali". Archiviostorico.corriere.it. Retrieved 2014-07-16.
- " - Presentazione della lista "I Liberal-Sgarbi" per le prossime elezioni regionali org. c/o Hotel Nazionale, Piazza Montecitorio" (in Italian). RadioRadicale.it. 1999-10-20. Retrieved 2014-07-16.
- "Cossiga rinuncia a Strasburgo". Archiviostorico.corriere.it. Retrieved 2014-07-16.
- "Vittorio SGARBI". Europarl.europa.eu. Retrieved 2014-07-16.
- "Camera dei Deputati - XIV legislatura - Deputati - La scheda personale - SGARBI Vittorio". Legxiv.camera.it. Retrieved 2014-07-16.
- "::: Ministero dell'Interno ::: Archivio Storico delle Elezioni - Europee del 12 Giugno 1994". Elezionistorico.interno.it. Retrieved 2014-07-16.