|Born||8 November 1969|
Jodhpur, Rajasthan, India
|Occupation||Actor, anchor, author|
|Known for||Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah|
|Parent(s)||Shyam Singh Lodha|
Shailesh Lodha is an Indian actor, comedian and writer. He is known for playing the role of Taarak Mehta (a real life Gujarati columnist) in India's longest running sitcom serial Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah, since July 2008.
Born to a government employee, Shyam Singh Lodha, in a middle class family, Lodha is married to a management author, Swati Lodha, and has a daughter - Swaara Lodha. Since his father was transferred to different places, Lodha travelled a lot. His mother loved reading and had a good vocabulary in Hindi. At the age of nine, Lodha was nicknamed "Baal Kavi". He had an office job, but he left it to follow his passion, i.e writing poems.
Lodha has completed BSc and PG in marketing.
Lodha first appeared on Comedy Circus as a contestant, and later in Comedy ka Mahamukabla. Since 28 July 2008, he has appeared in the sitcom Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah as real-life columnist Taarak Mehta. Along with being a character on the show, he is also a narrator who speaks of the happenings of the show, as well as life challenges such as inflation and corruption in a satirical manner at the end of each episode. He is from Jodhpur, Rajasthan.
Lodha has written four books: the first two are satirical humour; the third is a self-help book co-written with his wife; and his most recent book, Diljale Ka Facebook Status, is a collection of poems written from the point of view of a jilted lover.
Awards for contribution to poetry or literature
- 2014 – Zee Gold Awards (Best Anchor)
- "In Pics: Meet Shailesh Lodha aka Tarak Mehta in real life". daily.bhaskar.com. Retrieved 12 August 2017.
- "The Times of India: Latest News India, World & Business News, Cricket & Sports, Bollywood". The Times Of India.
- "I would love to do a negative role someday: Shailesh Lodha – The Times of India". The Times Of India.
- "Revealed! You will be shocked to know the education qualifications of'Taarak Mehta…' star cast". bhaskar.com. Retrieved 14 October 2016.
- "Shailesh Lodha readies his fourth book". The Times of India. 18 August 2011. Retrieved 29 October 2011.
- "Shailesh Lodha had a huge surprise – The Times of India". The Times Of India.
- "Shailesh Lodha's b-day bash – The Times of India". The Times Of India.
- "A touching moment at Times Square – The Times of India". The Times Of India.
- "It's raining awards for Shailesh Lodha". timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 12 August 2017.