Šarūnas Bartas at the Odessa International Film Festival 2015
16 August 1964 |
Šarūnas Bartas (born 16 August 1964) is a Lithuanian film director. One of the most prominent Lithuanian film directors internationally from the late 20th century. His 2015 film Peace to Us in Our Dreams was screened in the Directors' Fortnight section at the 2015 Cannes Film Festival.
- Tofolaria (1986, short film)
- In the Memory of a Day Gone By (Praėjusios dienos atminimui) (1990, documentary)
- Three Days (Trys dienos) (1991)
- The Corridor (Koridorius) (1995)
- Few of Us (Mūsų nedaug) (1996)
- The House (Namai) (1997)
- Freedom (Laisvė) (2000)
- "Children Lose Nothing" in Visions of Europe (2004)
- Seven Invisible Men (Septyni nematomi žmonės) (2005)
- Eastern Drift (Eurazijos aborigenas) (2010)
- Peace to Us in Our Dreams (Ramybė mūsų sapnuose) (2015)
- Audience Award in International Documentary Film Festival Amsterdam, 1990 for "Praėjusios dienos atminimui"
- FIPRESCI Prize - Honorable Mention and Prize of the Ecumenical Jury - Special Mention in Berlin International Film Festival, 1992 for "Trys dienos"
- FIPRESCI Prize in Viennale, 1995 for "Koridorius"
- C.I.C.A.E. Award in Torino International Festival of Young Cinema, 1995 for "Koridorius"
- 'CinemAvvenire' Award (Best Film on the Relationship Man-Nature) in Venice Film Festival, 2000 for "Freedom"
- "The Directors' Fortnight 2015 selection!". Quinzaine des Réalisateurs. Retrieved 21 April 2015.
- Justin Chang (21 April 2015). "Cannes: Directors' Fortnight Unveils 2015 Lineup". Variety. Retrieved 21 April 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Šarūnas Bartas.|
- Šarūnas Bartas at the Internet Movie Database
- Lithuanian Film Center profile
- DVD edition of 3 of the most important Bartas films
- extract of "Sharunas Bartas, An Army of One" by Guillaume Coudray
- The most complete source about Bartas on web
- The Films of Sharunas Bartas
- Article about Sharunas Bartas (in Portuguese)
|This article about a Lithuanian film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|