Shehnai (1947 film)
|Directed by||P.L. Santoshi|
|Music by||C. Ramchandra|
Shehnai is a 1947 Indian Bollywood film directed by P.L. Santoshi, starring Kishore Kumar, Indumati, Radhakrishan, V.H. Desai and Rehana. It was the fifth highest grossing Indian film of 1947. Santoshi went on make the classic, Barsaat Ki Raat (1960) starring Madhubala and Bharat Bhushan.
- Kishore Kumar as Police Inspector
- Indumati as Zamindar's Daughter
- Radhakrishan as Zamindar's Secretary
- V.H. Desai as Comedian
Music of the film was given by C. Ramchandra and lyrics were by P. L. Santoshi.
- "Jai Krisna Hare Shre Krishna Hare" - Binapani Mukherjee
- "Hame Kya Pata Tha, Maar Katari Mar Jaana" - Amirbai Karnataki
- "Chhuk Chhuk Chhaiya Chhaiya, Sone Ki Machhariya" - Meena Kapoor, Binapani Mukherjee
- "Jawani Ki Rail Chali Jaye Re" - Geeta Dutt
- "Aji Aao Mohabbat Ki Khaale Kasam" - C. Ramchandra, Amirbai Karnataki
- "Chadhti Jawani Me Jhulo, Jholo Meri Rani" - Geeta Dutt, C. Ramchandra, Binapani Mukherjee
- "Hamare Angana, Ho Hamare Angana, Aaj Baje Shehnai" - Shamshad Begum, Amirbai Karnataki
- "Tirchi Topi Walo Se Ha Bachh Ke Rehna Ji" (Pehli Mulakat Me Dil Aapka Hua) - Shamshad Begum, C. Ramchandra
- "Aana Meri Jaan Meri Jaan Sunday Ke Sunday" (2 Parts) - C. Ramchandra, Shamshad Begum, Amirbai
- "Top Earners 1947". Box Office India. Retrieved 26 September 2011.
|This article about a Hindi film of the 1940s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|