Sheikh Mohammed Centre for Cultural Understanding
The Sheikh Mohammed Centre for Cultural Understanding (Arabic: مركز الشيخ محمد بن راشد آل مكتوم للتواصل الحضاري; SMCCU) is a non-profit organisation which promotes awareness of Emirati culture, customs, traditions and religion among expatriates and foreign visitors in the United Arab Emirates, as well as aiming to remove cultural barriers.
SMCCU was founded in 1998 by Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum and is based in a traditional Emirati wind tower house, located in Bur Dubai's historic Al Fahidi neighbourhood. It operates under the banner of "Open Doors. Open Minds." The centre arranges numerous activities, including tours of heritage sites and landmarks in Dubai, educational programs for students, cultural awareness events, lectures, Arabic classes (in local Gulf dialect), iftars during Ramadan, as well as providing experience of traditional Emirati food.
- Culture of Dubai
- Dubai Culture and Arts Authority
- List of Emirati artists
- Tourism in Dubai
- Jumeirah Mosque Dubai
- "About us". Sheikh Mohammed Centre for Cultural Understanding. Retrieved 3 July 2015.
- "Sheikh Mohammed Centre for Cultural Understanding". Dubai Online. Retrieved 3 July 2015.
- "Enjoy a cultural breakfast understanding at Sheikh Mohammed Centre". Dubai Confidential. April 2011. Retrieved 3 July 2015.
- Swan, Melanie (10 June 2015). "Dubai cultural centre staff hope to educate tourists about Ramadan". The National. Retrieved 3 July 2015.
|This article about an organization in the United Arab Emirates is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|