Shimpoli Road is a locality in suburban Mumbai, located in the western suburb of Borivali. It is a 15-minute walk from the Borivali Railway Station. It saw an extraordinary growth in population in the 2000s. Many new residential complexes has come up in Shimpoli. The area is mostly dominated by Marathi people although there is a large population. Many commercial places have also come up all over the place, thanks to the burgeoning population. A new mall called "Dreamz Mall" is also coming up in the locality.
Shimpoli road has a MTNL telephone exchange which mostly controls telecom in Borivali (West). The "Shyamaprasad Mookherjee Flyover" is situated very near to Shimpoli road thus Borivali (East) is at a walkable distance. The Shimpoli road stretches from the S.V. Road to the Chickoowadi, which is a highly affluent residential locality. A number of restaurants and fast food corners have come up in Shimpoli road as well.
Shimpoli started out as a small village community which has now receded to a corner of the locality to accommodate the highrise apartment blocks.
- Dreamz Mall (PROJECT NAME AND PURPOSE CHANGED TO SATRA PARK, RESIDENTIAL BUILDING)
- Victorian Mall (READY AS RELIANCE MALL IN 2014)
- Reliance Mall
- Shimpoli Village (Place of Kings)
- New Nikita Apartments (Taken over by Kandur Corporation)
- Nikita Apartments (Kandur Corporation)
- Hari Vijay Apartments
- Park View
- Jaidatta chs,
- Jeevanmangal CHS,chikuwadi,new link road
- Satyam (Rayanigram Group)
- Shivam (Rayanigram Group)
- Sundaram (Rayanigram Group)
- Sahakar (Rayanigram Group)
- Sadachar (Rayanigram Group)
- Sadvichar(Rayanigram Group)
- Samarpan (Rayanigram Group)
- Sarjan (Rayanigram Group)
- Guru Tapasya Apartment
- Shri Ganesh Apartment
- Chaitanya Apartment
- Shimpoli Darshan
- Mohan Terrace
- Madhukar Terrace
- Bansi Terrace
- Keshav Apartments
- Deepjyot CHS
- Mayfair Shyam Apartments
- Ankur Palace
- Madhav Apartments
- Laxmi kupa
- Yash krupa
- Siddhi Vinayak society
- aditya apartments
- Mali Terrace
- Pranam society
- Prerna society
- Ajit nagar
- Old Dalvi Nagar
- New Dalvi Nagar
- Shrama Safalya Society
- Sunil CHS.
- Shri Gurukrupa Co-op.Hsg.Society
- Navneet Co-op.Housing Society
- shivam (shimpolo village)
- chaitanya (chikuwadi)
- NIRDHAR Co-op.Housing Society
- Borivali Nityanand Co-op. Housing Society
- Veg Treat I
- Malwan Haisar
- The Salute
- Shree krishna
- Granville green
- Jai Mata Di Fast Food (Chikoowadi, Near Joggers Park)
- Shree Sarvajanik Ganesh Utsav Mandal , Kasturpark.
- Navyuvak Sarvajankin Ganeshotsav Mandal, Shimpoli Village Since 1978
- Gavdevi Gramasth Mandal, Shimpoli Village
- Vibha - The Family Hospital
- Suvarna Hospital
- Niramay hospital,Parasmani Apt.,near joggers park,chikuwadi
- Gokhale Education Society aka Gokhale High School
B.E.S.T. Bus Routes
The following BEST Buses goes via Shimpoli.
- Bus No . 229 - Santacruz Depot To Shanti Ashram.
- Bus No. 230 - Prabodhankar Thakrey (Charkop) Bus Station To Sambhaji Nagar (Dahisar).
- Bus No. 245 - Chikoo Wadi To Borivali Bus Station (West).
- Bus No. 247 - Gorai Creek To Borivali Bus Station (West).
- Bus No. 294 - Gorai Creek To Borivali Bus Station (West).
- Bus No. 296 - Satya Nagar To Shant Ashram.
- Bus No. 292 - Borivali Bus Station To Shimpoli Village.
Major BEST Bus Stops with Bus Routes in Shimpoli.
- Municipal Pumping Centre - 230, 247, 296.
- Shimpoli Telephone Exchange / MTNL Store Yard -
- Shimpoli Telephone Exchange (Link Road) - 229.
- Shimpoli Telephone Exchange (Kastur Park Road) - 230.
- Chiku Wadi - 245, 292.
- Chiku Wadi / Padma Nagar - 229, 245
- Yashkripa Apartments - 245
- Shimpoli Village - 245, 292.
- Datta Mandir - 245
- Suvarna Hospital - 230, 245.
- Kastur Park - 230, 245.
- Ram Nagar - 296
- Haridas Nagar - 296, 292.
- Ankur Palace - 296, 292.
- Gokhale Vidhlaya - 230, 245, 296, 292.
- Shimpoli Road - 230, 245, 296, 292.
Shimpoli & Chikoo Wadi is Well connected by autorickshaw.
There are shared autorickshaw from Yashkrupa Apartment (Chikoo Wadi), & Survana Hospital (Kastur Park) To Borivali Station (West).
- Mumbai Yellow Pages, TATA Press 2006
- Mumbai Info, Pingale Publications, 2005