The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for films. (July 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Directed by||Chella Ayyavu|
|Produced by||Vishnu Vishal|
|Written by||Chella Ayyavu|
|Music by||Leon James|
Vishnu Vishal Studioz
|Distributed by||Red Giant Movies|
Silukkuvarupatti Singam (English: Lion from Silukkuvarupatti) is a 2018 Indian Tamil action comedy film directed by Chella. Produced by Vishnu Vishal, the film also features him in the lead role alongside Regina Cassandra. Featuring music composed by Leon James, the venture began production in February 2017. It released on 21 December 2018. Upon release the film received mixed to positive reviews from the critics.
Sathyamoorthy alias Sakthi (Vishnu Vishal) is a laid-back constable in the Silukkuvarupatti police station who takes life too easy. Bhaskar (Karunakaran) is a new constable who joins for the job of constable in the same station and is appointed by Sub-Inspector Muthaiya (Livingston) to assist Sakthi. Muthaiya keeps praising Sakthi nonstop due to the takes woven by Sakthi to score good points with him.
Cycle Shankar (P. Ravi Shankar) is a dreaded rowdy and don in Chennai. He is chased by Commissioner Panneerselvam (Aadukalam Naren) after he murders a police officer in public as the officer threatened to finish off Shankar. This starts a cat-and-mouse chase between the two.
Rajeshwari alias Raji (Regina Cassandra) is Sakthi’s "love at first sight", which she does not reciprocate as he unknowingly insults her. Gradually, however, she warms up to him.
Minister Arumuga Perumal (Poster Nandakumar) assigns Shankar a task to kill Nilakottai Narayanan (Mansoor Ali Khan) without his henchmen. Shankar reaches a bar and settles down to have a drink. A couple of drunkards start to make a fuss, which turns into a full-blown riot. Added to the equation is Sakthi, who goes to the bar to have a half-boiled egg. While he goes to put the egg in his mouth, Shankar also simultaneously leaves and accidentally knocks the egg out of Sakthi's hand. Enraged, Sakthi beats up Shankar and throws him in jail, not knowing who he really is. In the melee, a thief steals Shankar's phone. Shankar's right-hand man Tony (Yogi Babu) and Perumal keep calling the phone, leading to some hilarious scenes. Finally, Tony and his henchmen locate Shankar and get him released, but not before Shankar vows to kill Sakthi.
Sakthi meets Panneerselvam in disguise, who tells him to catch Shankar using the moniker "Operation Cycle". Sakthi, scared out of his wits, runs for his life. Meanwhile, Raji's father Ramalingam (G. Marimuthu) fixes an alliance for Raji, as he is not happy with the idea of leaving Raji a widow if Sakthi dies at the hands of Shankar. She then confronts Sakthi, who lies saying that this is an undercover operation dubbed "Operation Cycle". Using this as an opportunity, and with the help of a dancer named Kanaka (Oviya), Sakthi manipulates Shankar into kidnapping the groom and stops the marriage successfully. Tony also succeeds in kidnapping Narayanan and dumps him in the back of the truck, unbeknownst to Shankar. This leads to a car chase with Shankar chasing Sakthi and Raji, who are on a cycle, Narayanan's men chasing Shankar's men, and all chasing "Share Auto" Chandran (Anandaraj). Finally, Sakthi arrests Shankar, with the evidence of all those involved in the conspiracy getting released, and gets promoted to an SI, while Muthaiya gets suspended for six months by Superintendent A. Raghavan (O. A. K. Sundar). The film ends with Sakthi marrying Raji, a phone call from Bhaskar telling Sakthi that Shankar has escaped from jail, and Raji (thinking that it is another undercover operation) indirectly telling Sakthi to capture Shankar again. On hearing this, Sakthi faints.
- Vishnu Vishal as Sathyamoorthy alias Sathi, a laid-back constable in the Silukkuvarupatti police station who gets promoted to Sub-Inspector
- Regina Cassandra as Rajeshwari (Raji), Sathi's love interest who does not love him after he unknowingly insults her but eventually warms up to him
- Oviya as Kanaka (extended cameo appearance), a dancer who helps Sakthi manipulate Shankar into kidnapping the groom
- P. Ravi Shankar as Cycle Shankar, a dreaded rowdy and don in Chennai who is chased by Panneerselvam
- Anandaraj as "Share Auto" Chandran, a man who gets chased by Shankar, Sathi, Raji, Narayan's men, and Shankar's men
- Yogi Babu as Tony, Shankar's right-hand man who kidnaps Narayanan and dumps him in the back of the truck
- Karunakaran as PC Bhaskar, a new constable who joins for the job of constable
- Livingston as Sub-Inspector Muthaiya, a man who appoints Bhaskar as constable and gets suspended for six months
- Mansoor Ali Khan as Nilakkottai Narayanan, a man who is told to be kidnapped by Shankar but is kidnapped by Tony instead
- Aadukalam Naren as Commissioner Panneerselvam, a man who chases Shankar after the latter murdered a police officer
- Poster Nandakumar as Minister Arumuga Perumal, a man who assigns Shankar the task of kidnapping Narayanan
- G. Marimuthu as Ramalingam, Raji's father who fixes an alliance for Raji
- Sriranjini as Raji's mother
- Soundararaja as Rajapandi
- Vadivukkarasi as Sathyamoorthy's grandmother
- O. A. K. Sundar as Superintendent A. Raghavan, a man who suspends Muthaiya for six months
- "Perazhagi" Gayathri Raj as Sneha
- Lollu Sabha Manohar
- Kadhal Saravanan
In May 2016, Vishnu revealed that he would work on a film directed by newcomer Chella Ayyavu with Suseenthiran's brother Saravanan reported to be the producer, following the postponement of his Veera Dheera Sooran starring Vishnu. Manjima Mohan was considered for the lead role, but the project did not materialise and Vishnu moved on to work on different projects. Later in January 2017, Chella, an erstwhile assistant to director Ezhil, confirmed that the project would be made with Vishnu on board as the producer. Regina Cassandra joined the team in early February 2017, after the makers were keen to make most of her stature in the Telugu film industry too. The project began shoot in late March 2017, with the shoot announced to take place in Pollachi, Theni, Tirunelveli and Ambasamudram.
In April 2017, the film was titled Silukkuvarupatti Singam and actress Oviya was signed on to play a secondary role. Vishnu was keen to cast an actress he had previously acted with for the role, and was able to sign Oviya who had worked with him briefly during the production of Pattaya Kelappanum Pandiya (2014) which they both later opted out of.
|Soundtrack album by |
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Leon James chronology|
The soundtrack was composed by Leon James.
- Dio Dio Ria - Sunidhi Chauhan, Naresh Iyer, Santhosh Hariharan - 4:44
- Mayakkadha - Sudharshan Ashok - 4:25
- Ey Dummy - Pattaasu Bamba Bakya - 4:32
- Silukkuvaarpatti Singam - Sargam Choir, V7h, Vaikom Vijayalakshmi - 3:34
- "Silukkuvarupatti Singam Movie Release Date 21 December Posters". Moviegalleri.Net. 7 December 2018. Retrieved 7 December 2018.
- "Vijay TV Grabs Silukkuvarpatti Singam Satellite Rights!". nettv4u.com. 14 December 2018. Retrieved 12 April 2019.